Signs point to "I blew it again?"

SalemEdgerton1

Hey guys. Not really sure what to think about this. So in my psychology class, there's this girl in my class who I find very attractive. About two weeks into the class, I began noticing her more and found myself glancing across the room at her. She sat on the left side of the room and I sat in the center of the room. After a few classes, she moved over to the center section. The next class, she moved into my row, literally three seats to my right. After about like a week or so, she moved back and today she was walking towards the center but as we made eye contact, she stopped and went over to the left side.

I had a gut feeling that she was interested in me after she had moved close to where I sat in the class, but didn't act upon it. Am I just exaggerating things or did I blow it and she probably was interested?

SickJoke

After about like a week or so, she moved back and today she was walking towards the center but as we made eye contact, she stopped and went over to the left side.

You might've slightly creeped her out with some weird eye contact, or she may not have even noticed you; she might've been thinking about something else. Did she smile at you?

I had a gut feeling that she was interested in me after she had moved close to where I sat in the class, but didn't act upon it. Am I just exaggerating things or did I blow it and she probably was interested?

From what you posted, she hasn't given you any signs of interest. In fact she hasn't even acknowledged your existence except for one incident of brief eye contact. So from the looks of things, if you approached her she probably wouldn't even recognize you, which is good depending on how you look at it - you haven't blown anything :D

SalemEdgerton1

You might've slightly creeped her out with some weird eye contact, or she may not have even noticed you; she might've been thinking about something else. Did she smile at you?

From what you posted, she hasn't given you any signs of interest. In fact she hasn't even acknowledged your existence except for one incident of brief eye contact. So from the looks of things, if you approached her she probably wouldn't even recognize you, which is good depending on how you look at it - you haven't blown anything :D

I don't know about that. I'm pretty sure I smiled at her and I'm pretty sure she noticed me. It just seems weird that she'd move closer to me if I had creeped her out. And I try with everything in my power (and probably partially why I don't date much) to ensure that I don't creep people out. I didn't really stare at her more than I just glanced over at her. Her attire was pretty hard to miss lol.

I know and before today I really didn't think a whole lot of it. It just seemed weird to me that someone would just randomly decide to move three seats from me then move back after a week just by coincidence. Seems doubtful given the fact I'm not exactly gorgeous, but it's just a weird thing ya know?

Rise Against

You can still get her if she really is interested... ive blown it way, way, way worst if that makes you feel better. Once a girl i had a crush on (she was also interested in me, she had her friend introduce her to me) and a few of her friends invited me to eat lunch with them because i was sitting by myself. I ended up just sitting there and didn't say a word the whole lunch (about an hour). It was so awkward and i really got depressed afterwords because i was so disappointed that i didn't even try to start a conversation or anything.

SalemEdgerton1

You can still get her if she really is interested... ive blown it way, way, way worst if that makes you feel better. Once a girl i had a crush on (she was also interested in me, she had her friend introduce her to me) and a few of her friends invited me to eat lunch with them because i was sitting by myself. I ended up just sitting there and didn't say a word the whole lunch (about an hour). It was so awkward and i really tore myself up afterwords because i was so disappointed that i didn't even try to start a conversation or anything.

I know the feeling and if she had start a conversation with me, then I would be okay. I just don't like going up to new people so informally as I'm really afraid that I'd creep them out.

SickJoke

I don't know about that. I'm pretty sure I smiled at her and I'm pretty sure she noticed me. It just seems weird that she'd move closer to me if I had creeped her out.

But she was moving towards you, then you made eye contact and she moved away, correct?

I know and before today I really didn't think a whole lot of it. It just seemed weird to me that someone would just randomly decide to move three seats from me then move back after a week just by coincidence. Seems doubtful given the fact I'm not exactly gorgeous, but it's just a weird thing ya know?

I don't think it's weird at all. People change seats from week to week. There's no reason to believe that she moved there specifically for you. I think you're reading too much into this.

Rise Against

I don't think it's weird at all. People change seats from week to week. There's no reason to believe that she moved there specifically for you. I think you're reading too much into this.

Even if she wasnt moving specifically for you there is no reason why you shouldn't try talking to her, because then she probably would pay attention to you. I know this is easier said than done but you should try to force yourself to at least say hi, or ask her a question or something.

SalemEdgerton1

But she was moving towards you, then you made eye contact and she moved away, correct?

No we made contact that's what started this. It would be easier to explain if we hadn't.

Really? In all my classes in college so far, I've never seen anyone except her dramatically move where they were sitting (from one different section of the lecture hall to another) and then go back to where they were originally sitting. If she had moved back earlier I would've assumed that she probably was trying to see better, but seems weird that she'd first sit behind me a few rows, then move down into my row. I really can't explain that part.

SalemEdgerton1

Even if she wasnt moving specifically for you there is no reason why you shouldn't try talking to her, because then she probably would pay attention to you. I know this is easier said than done but you should try to force yourself to at least say hi, or ask her a question or something.

If she had sat down next to me I would've but talking to her from three seats over would've been hard. As I said, I don't like making people feel uncomfortable or creeping them out, so I tend to back off unless I know 90-100% that they're interested.

SickJoke

No we made contact that's what started this. It would be easier to explain if we hadn't.

Oh, well you didn't mention that. When did that happen, and did she smile at you or anything?

Really? In all my classes in college so far, I've never seen anyone except her dramatically move where they were sitting (from one different section of the lecture hall to another) and then go back to where they were originally sitting. If she had moved back earlier I would've assumed that she probably was trying to see better, but seems weird that she'd first sit behind me a few rows, then move down into my row. I really can't explain that part.

How can you possible keep track of everyone from week to week, especially in a psychology class? All of my psyche classes were HUGE, meaning hundreds of people, because it's such a popular subject. And peopled moved around freely from week to week.

SalemEdgerton1

Oh, well you didn't mention that. When did that happen, and did she smile at you or anything?

How can you possible keep track of everyone from week to week, especially in a psychology class? All of my psyche classes were HUGE, meaning hundreds of people, because it's such a popular subject. And peopled moved around freely from week to week.

I really didn't notice her until I started noticing her attire and then got intrigued by it really. I don't remember her smiling though which is probably why I didn't take any notice to it until she began to move. I believe she use to sit farther back on the left side out of my vision so I just noticed her when she'd walk up the stairs.

I don't but in generally terms I know exactly where the people around me and in close proximity sit. I couldn't tell you about the people on the right side (since I sit on the left side of the center section) or the people behind me but I could easily tell you were the people in front of me and on the left sit and they don't really move much unless someone takes their seat in which they don't really move far from where they were originally sitting.

SickJoke

I really didn't notice her until I started noticing her attire and then got intrigued by it really. I don't remember her smiling though which is probably why I didn't take any notice to it until she began to move.

The time when she sat 3 seats away from you, did it seem like she was looking at you during class or giving any signals at all that she wanted to talk to you?

And I'm still curious about the time when she was walking toward you, and then you made eye contact, and she changed direction.

I don't know, it just seems like you're reading way too much into this when there hasn't been any definite sign that she was interested in you.

SalemEdgerton1

The time when she sat 3 seats away from you, did it seem like she was looking at you during class or giving any signals at all that she wanted to talk to you?

And I'm still curious about the time when she was walking toward you, and then you made eye contact, and she changed direction.

I don't know, it just seems like you're reading way too much into this when there hasn't been any definite sign that she was interested in you.

I know and part of me thinks that too, but I can't shake the feeling that it was too much of a coincidence. That's the weird thing, not really no, though at that time I was in a panic mode so I was doing everything in my power to not look that way, so I'm not sure. I was hoping for her to sit down next to me because then I'd know for sure.

That was today with the eye contact thing. I had more or less put it out of my mind when she moved back over to the other side, but I just randomly looked up (because there isn't much to do 5 minutes before class) and there she was walking in. We made very brief eye contact though I'm sure she at least looked in my direction, stopped and turned to go into the far left section. Almost like a "oh, that's right I'm over on this side again." kind of impression.

SickJoke

IThat's the weird thing, not really no, though at that time I was in a panic mode so I was doing everything in my power to not look that way, so I'm not sure.

Ah I see, that's rough.:eek:

That was today with the eye contact thing. I had more or less put it out of my mind when she moved back over to the other side, but I just randomly looked up (because there isn't much to do 5 minutes before class) and there she was walking in. We made very brief eye contact though I'm sure she at least looked in my direction, stopped and turned to go into the far left section. Almost like a "oh, that's right I'm over on this side again." kind of impression.

Well I don't think you blew it, because there doesn't seem to be anything substantial that you could've blown. ;) You could always try sitting next to her or saying hi to her after class, but I realize that's a huge step from being in panic mode when she's sitting 3 seats away from you. But hey, you only live once; I'd rather take a chance and get rejected than spend the rest of my life regretting missed opportunities.;)

SalemEdgerton1

Ah I see, that's rough.:eek:

Well I don't think you blew it, because there doesn't seem to be anything substantial that you could've blown. ;) You could always try sitting next to her or saying hi to her after class, but I realize that's a huge step from being in panic mode when she's sitting 3 seats away from you. But hey, you only live once; I'd rather take a chance and get rejected than spend the rest of my life regretting missed opportunities.;)

Yeah I've thought about doing that, but now it would be really awkward since she's not near me at all.

SickJoke

Yeah I've thought about doing that, but now it would be really awkward since she's not near me at all.

If you want to eliminate the awkwardness, you could do something like this:

After class, time it so you both reach the door at the same time. Then keep walking slightly ahead of her, and over your shoulder, make a comment to her about the lecture, preferably something funny, as if it was just on your mind and you wanted to tell anyone. Then look forward and keep walking as if you're not desperate for a response. If she responds, you're in, and you can go from there. If she doesn't, no big deal, no awkwardness, no rejection :D

SalemEdgerton1

If you want to eliminate the awkwardness, you could do something like this:

After class, time it so you both reach the door at the same time. Then keep walking slightly ahead of her, and over your shoulder, make a comment to her about the lecture, preferably something funny, as if it was just on your mind and you wanted to tell anyone. Then look forward and keep walking as if you're not desperate for a response. If she responds, you're in, and you can go from there. If she doesn't, no big deal, no awkwardness, no rejection :D

Wouldn't that be awkward though? At least if someone did that to me I'd be kinda confused and it'd be awkward lol. But I see what you mean. I was kinda hoping she'd come to class early someday since I always get there early but she doesn't so far as I've seen.

SickJoke

Wouldn't that be awkward though? At least if someone did that to me I'd be kinda confused and it'd be awkward lol. But I see what you mean.

If someone made a funny remark to you after class about the lecture, you'd feel confused and awkward?:confused: What's so confusing about it? Anyway good luck with whatever you choose to do.

TheNewZero

I think you're reading way too much into this. I always try to find little reasons for guys I like having an interest in me. I think you should just forget it or try to talk to her, but freaking out about her moving seats is not going to be good for either of you. Liking someone in a class is always rough, at least for me, because you can never find a good time to start a conversation. Good luck.