Side Effects of Robinul

JP81

Take it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (usually no more than 2mg). I then wait at least an hour before eating. It then usually starts being effective about 3 hours after I've initially taken it.

I find the effects of Robinul tends to wear off a bit by about 4pm-5pm if I take it at 7am. If I'm outside and it's boiling hot it has only a minimal effect. This happened to me recently at a wedding...very very uncomfortable.

Side Effects for me are - dry mouth and eyes, sometimes a light headache and facial blushing.

Last edited:

margiehope

Share your experiences with Robinul and its side effects..

I take Avert, but it's just another brand name for the same med. 2 mg. has never been enough for me, but I take my own dose first thing in the a.m. and wait an hour before eating.

I sometimes get dry mouth and a slightly hoarse voice. Believe me, I consider these a fair trade for the much reduced sweating.

I've been on Avert for about 4 years--don't notice any other side effects, and the efficacy has not reduced.

hyp-hi

I take 2 mg in the morning and get no side effects. If I go to 3mg or 4 in a day, then I start to get a sore throat from it being too dry.