Shyness in Irish twins

aveek

Anybody here the older sibling of Irish twins. It's my theory that the older sibling is more likely to be shy, and have self esteem issues.

Let me know if you are or not, and it would be good way to find out if my theory holds any water.

Just in case you're not familiar, Irish Twins: Children, born in succession close to each other, less than two years.

aveek

What am I basing it on?
Yes, personal experience. And a little bit of psychology I read. I'm 13 months older than my brother, with whom I'm extremely close. Psychologists do recommend 3 to 4 years in difference between children for the bond between mother and child to be completed for proper emotional survival.

It is within 12 months, officially, but people who are within two years of each other are often called, or refer to themselves as such.

:) Yes. They're not twins... or necessarily Irish.

Ithior

They're not twins... or necessarily Irish.

I was just asking because in actual twins it doesn't really matter who's the oldest one, but they fit in the definition of Irish twins: "born in succession close to each other". So maybe the definition should keep that in mind.

aveek

I was just asking because in actual twins it doesn't really matter who's the oldest one, but they fit in the definition of Irish twins: "born in succession close to each other". So maybe the definition should keep that in mind.

Right you are. I wasn't specific enough.