shy when it comes to girls

bandit

I have recently found out that someone that I have liked for a long time is not seeeing anyone and I would like to ask her out touble is I am too
shy to approch her, she dosent know me . Im in my late twenties and never had a girlfriend and find it difficult speaking to girls. Her friend works in a shop and I was planning to go in and speak to her only am even too embarased to do that. would be grateful for any advice

steviegerrard489

bandit said:
I have recently found out that someone that I have liked for a long time is not seeeing anyone and I would like to ask her out touble is I am too
shy to approch her, she dosent know me . Im in my late twenties and never had a girlfriend and find it difficult speaking to girls. Her friend works in a shop and I was planning to go in and speak to her only am even too embarased to do that. would be grateful for any advice

Difficult to answer this one without more details.

I feel for you mate because I've been there many times myself. The best thing I can say is to try to become friends and forget about the girlfriend thing (for now).

Guys like us shouldn't try to run before we can walk. I obsessed over girls for years without ever having any as friends. Now I have a limited number of girl friends. We are far from being close but we might go out for drinks as part of the work crowd or meet up once a month.... It's better than nothing...it's like a training process to get used to women...

The advantage of having girl friends is that they will talk to their girl friends and say stuff like "..... is a really nice guy". It's a decent starting point. Then once you get talking to their friends they will be more comfortable with you...

...unfortunately you don't want them to start thinking of you as 'a brother' so don't be too needy in front of them.

And as I've said to other people on here, make sure you are doing all the other correctly - wear decent clothes. Have a decent haircut. Keep in shape...

Reholla

welcome to my life! i have another post about this ("sick and tired of not having a boyfriend")....... i would say become friends with her first. that is good advice. maybe get her email address so you can send her messages which maybe easier than talking face to face with her.

good luck to you! im goin through the same thing with guys!

let us know how it goes too.

Vancouver

Go for it. If she rejects, go for the next best thing. With this mindset, you have over a million chances. Therefore, failure becomes less like defeat and more like, "Oh well. Shit happens"

AsHLeY

As steviegerrard489's advice couldn't hurt anything:
And as I've said to other people on here, make sure you are doing all the other correctly - wear decent clothes. Have a decent haircut. Keep in shape...
~ It still seems a tad shallow. If a girl is only interested in a guy for his fashion-sense and hair-cut, she's a complete tool. Superficial things like that do not make the person who they are.

I wanted to tell you that I really don't think it's a good idea to approach the friend of this girl that you like for advice. Girl's are too easily lead by their friends opinions....so you could actually end up blowing it for yourself. I mean, you should just go directly to this girl you like and ask her out, that way she can make up her own mind about whether she's interested in you....instead of following what her friends view of you is, ya know what I mean?

schmoopy

I think Vancouver hit it on the money. When you can train your brain not to fear the worst case scenario, you become invincible. Your worst case scenario is, things don't go well and you learn from the experience.

Remember, with every failure there is a lesson and experience. Look towards the bright future. You'll eventually get over your shyness if you keep plugging away.

Just go for it. There is no embarrassment when you love yourself. Start there and when you truly love yourself, you can meet and have anyone you wish.

bulliedgurl

here look i am a girl and i think you guy out there should just get to know the girl first then ask them out and if they reject you then it means she only likes you as a friend nothing eles

CPA23

I can definitely relate to this problem. It is amazing how much anxiety can have such an effect on someone. I get very shy around girls I like and I just get so nervous about what to say. I wish there was some way that I could be cool and comfortable around women then maybe I would have a girlfriend by now!!

doesit

dont want to dissapoint you but,theres almost 0 chances for you,especially if the girl doesnt know you that she will go out with u :/ but its 100% worth it to give it a chance,instead of wasting time on bothering yourself.

Noca

Banned
Practice talking to girls without the intention of picking them up. Then you cant fail cause you have no expectations that anything will happen.

iamthenra

First, don't think of her as a potential girl friend. Think more of her as a "guy friend" or just a simple friend. And ask her out on, not a date, but rather a outing as friends. Some activity that you do well, that you can kind of teach her...

That advice came to me from a professor of psychology at the U of M campus. I have never applied it myself, just because I don't go out at all except for groceries, gas etc...

Good luck! "May the force be with you!"