Should I tell him?

moni10

Well, I like a guy I've recently met.We have common interests and hobbies.I just don't know if I should tell him I've been bullied.I think it would make me feel better talking to him about my bad experience I passed through.I'm afraid I'll scary him or he'll perceive me differently from now on.I don't wanna seem to him pathetic, weird or too vulnerable.Would he think it's smth wrong with me if I've been bullied? But I want him to know me as I am and that includes my fears.

Skyecatcher

Hi dear, I don't really know the situation of the bulling you have received. But if you want him to know the real you and it still affects you then yes, I would let him know when the time is right

Hi dear, I don't really know the situation of the bulling you have received. But if you want him to know the real you and it still affects you then yes, I would let him know when the time is right

Agreed. Hardest part, I would think, is knowing when the time is right. That you must try to answer yourself.

rodinski

Kai, first of all, don't tell him you've been bullied.

Second of all you are feeling like this because you feel less then the guy you are interested in because of the feeling of less you developed when you were being bullied.

I think you should tell him you like him and if it seems like it is going down hill just ask if you guys can still be friends. If not just move on and find someone else that is more willing to engage with you.

Just tell yourself that you are not anything these people tell you who you are. You are better then them. Gather your self confidence and enjoy your time with this guy. It'll start a path that you can really develop your self confidence back up. Being with him would create that stick to lean on. ...lol....no pun intended.

oh lol.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I don't wanna seem to him pathetic, weird or too vulnerable.Would he think it's smth wrong with me if I've been bullied? But I want him to know me as I am and that includes my fears.

One, being a little vulnerable is part of life, and to a lot of guys attractive (not that that's your intention necessarily.)
Two, there's is nothing pathetic or weird about putting yourself out there like that, it actually takes a lot of guts that I'm sure he'd respect about you. :)

Ignace

It's your choice. You can't really make a wrong choice here. If he's your friend he will understand when you tell him, and he will too when he founds out. No idea how that's possible but you never know. No idea if he's gonna threat you diffirently, depends on his character.

Rembrandt Broam

Well, I like a guy I've recently met.We have common interests and hobbies.I just don't know if I should tell him I've been bullied.I think it would make me feel better talking to him about my bad experience I passed through.I'm afraid I'll scary him or he'll perceive me differently from now on.I don't wanna seem to him pathetic, weird or too vulnerable.Would he think it's smth wrong with me if I've been bullied?

Absolutely not! Being bullied wasn't your fault - it was entirely the fault of those who bullied you. I'm sure this guy will be completely understanding. There's certainly no reason for anyone to think you're pathetic, weird or vulnerable because of something that wasn't your fault.

But I want him to know me as I am and that includes my fears.

It's good that you want to be completely open and honest with this guy about yourself. He should feel honoured that you are willing to place so much trust in him.

moni10

Thanks for all your helpful posts:)I'm gonna follow your advice in a personal and original way::p:I'll wait for a while, till we get to know each other better.There's not only about being honest but also acting tactfully so I have to choose a good moment.