Should i stay on this medication?

crazydragon

Okay so I just needed to post this... I have been on Prozac now for three months now, and I just had a panic attack a few weeks ago from the SA. I was told that medication could help with panic attacks, and I haven't had one ever since I stated the Prozac, except for the one I had a few weeks ago. Could any of you help me out, or tell me if I should try something else? :confused:

MarionBerry

This is really something you should be talking to your prescriber about. Head meds are a tricky business and they could tell you better what to expect.

Nathália

Okay so I just needed to post this... I have been on Prozac now for three months now, and I just had a panic attack a few weeks ago from the SA. I was told that medication could help with panic attacks, and I haven't had one ever since I stated the Prozac, except for the one I had a few weeks ago. Could any of you help me out, or tell me if I should try something else? :confused:

I know that this is not the advice you are looking for but you should talk to your doctor or psychiatrist. Maybe they can up your dosage or give you a new medicine.

3 months seems like a decent time frame for the medicine to get into your system. If you want to decrease panic attacks and you feel like it is not working or it is making it worse, then you absolutely have the right to speak up for yourself.

You've been on it for a while and you're like this does not feel right, talk to the person who prescribes you medicine and make sure that they really try to listen to you when you are describing what is wrong.

Last edited:

shakethelight

I've never been on Prozac so I really can't say much about it. However, I don't think a pill is magically going to completely diminish your panic attacks. Basically it's supposed make them less frequent- so you're able to live an active life. If you feel like Prozac isn't working for you, research drugs that work best for anxiety. Maybe you just need to add something to the mix? I take zoloft & valium for my anxiety & adderall which actually helps too.

I also bought L-theanine at a local store that's supposed to help with "mood support" it works pretty well. But no drug is going to make life amazing. SA will always be apart of me. It's just finding ways to reduce the anxiety so it doesn't hold you hostage.

Bustn Justin

I took Paxil for a month and become suicidal so I just stopped taking it and went to the doctor and told me to stop taking meds all together.