Should I get my hair in streaks?

FriendlyShadow

My mom has been always saying I'd look good if I had my hair done in streaks (caramel highlights) since I have brown hair. She keep commenting about the way that other girls have their hair done like that and thinks that it would look nice on me. I know they my parents say they are not forcing me to do it, but I think they want me to compromise with my mother so that she can be happy and she'll learn that I've compromised. It would also make me less selfish to not think about myself all the time. I think it's another way to push me out of my comfort zone but my Dad says that not being interested in hair streaks is not good enough reason. They said it's not something that's permanent and it'll come out. What do you guys think I should do?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
My mom has been always saying I'd look good if I had my hair done in streaks (caramel highlights) since I have brown hair. She keep commenting about the way that other girls have their hair done like that and thinks that it would look nice on me. I know they my parents say they are not forcing me to do it, but I think they want me to compromise with my mother so that she can be happy and she'll learn that I've compromised. It would also make me less selfish to not think about myself all the time. I think it's another way to push me out of my comfort zone but my Dad says that not being interested in hair streaks is not good enough reason. They said it's not something that's permanent and it'll come out. What do you guys think I should do?

Well... I get similar comments from my sister regarding my clothes. So I can kinda relate. I'd advice giving it a go!
You never know, the hair streaks might actually look good?

It's your hair, so you need to decide based on what YOU want - nothing selfish about that, your mother saying other girls have it blah, blah simply sounds like she wants to fit in with the crowd, she's not letting you be an individual

Zaki

Not selfish at all if you decide not to get it done. It's your hair and it ain't like this is for charity or something. You have the right to wear your hair however you like. If you don't want hair streaks, don't get them. Rock out the way you want to rock out.

Izzie

Doing something different with your apearance can give your mood a little lift I find but only if it us something you like and are comfortable with.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
never change your looks simply because other people want you to.
Compliments are good, people saying you would look good with this or that is nice.
But I would never change myself simply because someone else wants me to.