She likes me...she likes me not?

SalemEdgerton1

Hey guys. About a year and a half ago, I met this girl on facebook (yeah I know, at the time, I didn't really take it seriously) and we quickly befriended each other. One of the weird things about our friendship is that we have an uncanny trust for one another. I don't think either one of us really know for sure why the other is so trusting. We usually talk through MSN, but I've talked to her on the phone and webcam before as well. She has a tendency to be flirtatious, though she's kinda calmed down with that. She knows that I admire her a great deal and has said to me before that she could see us dating if we lived closer. When we first met, she was engaged to a guy (a very nice guy from the one time I met him over webcam), but now (at least so far as I know) they're taking "a break" from each other and she is single. Recently, after I made a comment about how she was the only girl I knew who liked talking in "Old English" like I do, she made the comment that "maybe we're soul mates in a sense" and asked me what I thought. She seemed to think that it was very plausible and honestly, I do too. Before her, I've never met a girl who shares so many interests that I do. We've also talk a lot about traveling together, since we both feel like we'd be good travel companions.

We've always talked about meeting in person (she lives in South Dakota and I live in Kentucky) and I was seriously thinking about doing it next year during the summer, though I'm not really sure if one, that'd be a good idea and two, if I'm getting ahead of myself. I don't want to step on toes or break my one relationship rule of "never wrecking homes," so I was curious if anyone had any suggestions or advice.

thor01

Lucky that you've met, would be good if I had someone to talk to like that, just go with what you want to do I'd say.

SalemEdgerton1

Like we haven't talked nearly as much as we used to (when we first met, she asked me if I'd be available to talk nearly everyday, now, it's more of a weekly or every so often kind of thing). I don't know...sometimes I'm afraid that I'm only setting myself up to be disappointed or let down, like she isn't as enthusiastic about it as I am.

thor01

Yeah, If I were to talk to someone on the internet who had alot in common, I'd get paranoid that there going to loose enthusiasm, and get worried if I didn't get instant replies to things and stuff, and just think too deeply about it in general. I'd say still go for it if you want, then at least you'd find out how enthusiastic she is.

I think u can always some way or the other if she is soulfully interestd and as enthused as u are. Tha sounded like the beginnng of a beautiful friendship. I'd say bring it up to her when u feel that she is on the same level and everything, like when u guys start talking like how u used too. If not, hey, some ppl come in ur life for a reason right...

SalemEdgerton1

Yeah, If I were to talk to someone on the internet who had alot in common, I'd get paranoid that there going to loose enthusiasm, and get worried if I didn't get instant replies to things and stuff, and just think too deeply about it in general. I'd say still go for it if you want, then at least you'd find out how enthusiastic she is.

Honestly, I feel that way sometimes because she's so different from most of the other girls I've met. I doubt I'll ever lose her friendship (we got into some nasty fights after I felt hurt that she was leading me on but fortunately are doing much better now), but I feel like if I don't act on this I'm losing possibly my only real chance.

I think u can always some way or the other if she is soulfully interestd and as enthused as u are. Tha sounded like the beginnng of a beautiful friendship. I'd say bring it up to her when u feel that she is on the same level and everything, like when u guys start talking like how u used too. If not, hey, some ppl come in ur life for a reason right...

Yeah I think our friendship is really solid for never meeting in person before, so I'm sure that's definitely there. I just really want this to go further. No girl has ever talked to me the way she does, at least with such affection. She seems all for me visiting there (and really that's all we can do atm since she doesn't have a car), but I don't know. I think you're right though. I want to talk to her more often, especially since she gave me her phone number, but I'm afraid to call her if she's preoccupied with something.

x000x

Like we haven't talked nearly as much as we used to (when we first met, she asked me if I'd be available to talk nearly everyday, now, it's more of a weekly or every so often kind of thing). I don't know...sometimes I'm afraid that I'm only setting myself up to be disappointed or let down, like she isn't as enthusiastic about it as I am.

I hate that feeling. I guess you could find out how much she likes you by just asking her straight forward.

SalemEdgerton1

I hate that feeling. I guess you could find out how much she likes you by just asking her straight forward.

I have twice (maybe more, but I know twice for sure) and she's pretty much just said, "You're a sweet, nice guy and if we were in the same state, I think we'd hit it off well." So more or less yes but distance kills any chance of that. Kind of a twisted irony that the one girl I've met to have potential interest in me and share a lot of interests with me lives 13hrs away. :mad:

Danfalc

Banned
I have twice (maybe more, but I know twice for sure) and she's pretty much just said, "You're a sweet, nice guy and if we were in the same state, I think we'd hit it off well." So more or less yes but distance kills any chance of that. Kind of a twisted irony that the one girl I've met to have potential interest in me and share a lot of interests with me lives 13hrs away. :mad:

I am by no means an expert ::p: But have you ever thought she might be waiting for you to make the move.If by her own words she really does think that you two could hit it off well,maybe she's hoping for you to be the one to say "hey...id be prepared to work round the distance" or somthing.

She might be confused with how she is feeling right now though,if its not too long ago she came out if a relationship with this other guy,her head might be all over the place and to totaly over simplify it...she might be on the rebound without realising herself.Having a "break" can often mean different things to different people aswell.But maybe these are thing's you can talk to with her about.

Apart from that...it sounds like you guys have had a connection for a while,I think the only way your going to find out is by talking to her though,anything else is kind of just 2nd guessing.I really hope this works out for you.:)

SalemEdgerton1

I am by no means an expert ::p: But have you ever thought she might be waiting for you to make the move.If by her own words she really does think that you two could hit it off well,maybe she's hoping for you to be the one to say "hey...id be prepared to work round the distance" or somthing.

She might be confused with how she is feeling right now though,if its not too long ago she came out if a relationship with this other guy,her head might be all over the place and to totaly over simplify it...she might be on the rebound without realising herself.Having a "break" can often mean different things to different people aswell.But maybe these are thing's you can talk to with her about.

Apart from that...it sounds like you guys have had a connection for a while,I think the only way your going to find out is by talking to her though,anything else is kind of just 2nd guessing.I really hope this works out for you.:)

Yeah both she and I agree that the only major thing that stands in the way is distance, so all we can really do atm is friendship, but she seems very enthusiastic about traveling, so perhaps through that we could overcome that. Perhaps I'm being too hopeful.

You could be quite right honestly, though her idea of taking "a break" was to party and go out without the fear of hurting someone, so I'm not sure if that she's really even interested in a serious relationship anytime soon. I felt like that I should at least talk to her about that before I come, so I know what I'm getting into.

Yeah, next time I talk to her, I'm gonna ask if she's okay with me talking to her on the phone or webcam that way I can hear it from her mouth. Thanks man, I really hope it at least works out for the best.