Shakes

proudmummy

does anyone else here suffer from "the shakes". My hands proper tremble all the time, even when I've no reason to be shakey. Its really strange and gets worse when I'm anxious, people always notice too. The other day just simply playing Nintendo Wii with my boyfriend and he made me so paranoid by saying hes never known anybody to shake so much (we could see on the screen) and I need to sort it out!! :cry:

My hand are always always severely shaky. I get comments on it a lot, and it's kind of annoying, but I'm just pretty used to it now and don't care much anymore.

Shaun

My worst problem has always been being offered a cup of tea by somebody I didn't know well. Or the physical act of picking up a cup of tea/coffee in a room full of people and lifting it to my lips to drink it.
I become so self conscious that this simple act becomes impossible because I would shake so much that it would spill everywhere. :cry:

How can something so simple cause so much misery?

mart22n

Shaun said:
My worst problem has always been being offered a cup of tea by somebody I didn't know well. Or the physical act of picking up a cup of tea/coffee in a room full of people and lifting it to my lips to drink it.
I become so self conscious that this simple act becomes impossible because I would shake so much that it would spill everywhere. :cry:

How can something so simple cause so much misery?

Because you turn all your attention to the act of picking up the cup. It remains a problem until YOU MAKE A PROBLEM out of it (Same goes with stuttering: anyone can start stuttering if they tell themselves NOT to stutter). Yeah, pick the cup and spill it! The worst that can happen is people will laugh. You can laugh with them and say something like "You see how nervous I _really_ am?" I've had many similar problems. The solution I've seen working is simply do those things over and over again, until you won't even notice picking up the cup!

Take care :wink:

Liz17

I shake constantly, the more I get paranoid abput it the more it happens. Ive had comments from by brother about my hands on the wii, it takes me ten minutes to click on the right thing :lol:

Shattered

Yes! Damn them shakes grrrrrr! It's not just my hands though. Even though I've made such enormous progress with my anxiety and agoraphobia, some physical symptoms still remain. *I* (as in my whole body) will shake from the moment I wake up until the moment I go to bed if i wasn't on Ativan 4 times a day. I try not to rely on it that much though so when I'm not at work I try getting by without it. And as a few have previously posted, it does make playing the Wii a little difficult lol

Secret

- I'm also shaking on my hands when I got visitors. One of my friends asked me lately a couple of times to calm down because I was so nervous and shaky, when she visited my place!! HA haxD...and it lastet for several hours and it was just SO annoying...
- I start to shake, before a speach
- When I'm speaking up at class I'm normally shaking, but I hope that no one notice;D... it's really emberrasing!...We have nothing to be afraid of but we shake anyway...ARHG!;D...
- When I'm making a speach or you know standing in front of the class or just one person and just feel unsurten and think about what they are thinking and thinking that "oh god!...I swear you will get blank again! You will again be at the edge of crying and be the most weard person ever, people can not see what you know because you are so stupid and bad to tell about it..." and all that kind of bull shit;P...
- When I'm talking to strangers...
- When being in a crowed room...
- When I'm being bullied by someone who tells me how oncooperative I am (of course I'm speaking up for my self, but still I can't stop shaking because I'm becoming so sad. I don't want to be affected that dramatic kind of way it just happens)...
- Or passing someone at the street...
- Being in a store or libiary with other people
- I'm definently shaking, when talking to the other sex!! WTF!?...
- I'm allways shaking speaking with a teacher

But you know... I'm not shaking very bad! Like if I'm not cabebel of holding a teacop...it's just a little... but you can sometimes hear it at my voice... so I prefer not to speak, when I'm like that ha ha!!xD...but often it's necerssary that you do it anyway!;D AND it's really anoying...

ive had this problem since 2003

I find forcing yourself to go out into the situations you fear and facing them down allievates the problem

But you have to constanting work at it

also look up propanalol (a drug) in the treatments section

JonnyD

Oh my i do it!, i just can believe how much people here have problem similar to mine!!!

I'm always shaky, always! but it varies on degree, when i'm calm i shake a little for no reason , when i feel anxious i can tramble a little more, but sometimes it's just too much, these days i had to put the telephone down and wait a little because i couldn't handle it.

I'm a bit paranoid too, i try not touching people for long because they might notice and i avoid eating in public or handling cups because generally people notice it.

once i got a trainee position in a lab and i couldn't handle any instruments, it was terrible , being anxious and shaking :(

a friend of mine once toldme that i was always anxious and trambled a lot, actually i had a crush on her, and since that day i'm always afraid of someone noticing it :/

Nack

Banned
It's not my hand, but my legs. I just notice it yesturday when i went to get my haircut. i hate myself...

Secret

Nacke said:
It's not my hand, but my legs. I just notice it yesturday when i went to get my haircut. i hate myself...

I know it's easy to say, but don't hate yourself it's not your fault. It's a disillusion, which you aren't to blame for... remember it's something which you can overcome or make lesser/smaler with help and advices from others practising with yourself.

Liz17

The worst one for me is I get a weird shake of the head when Im layed down in bed trying to get to sleep, It makes me feel like Im going mad. Maybe its a nerve...Hopefully anyway! :(