selfishness and not caring for others

jauggy

I'm 1st generation i think*

I was born o'seas

Do u hold that accountable for my views or just curious?
I think being a minority does impact on your views. I'm a 2nd generation and go for the underdogs too. :wink:

Waybuloo

Serge said:
For the person who mentioned the funeral - you can't mourn for everyone. especially if they are strangers. Recently lost a distant relative I did nt even know. Now I feel for his family because I know some of them well, but can't say I feel sad because I did nt know the person at all. That I would think is a universal thing. Though, and no offence, I would think someone saying they relish the deaths caused by violence like 9/11 really lacks something.

I meant if u lost someone close to u, u don't mourn for their death but the fact u have lost their company and love. I may be wrong but dat's what i think.

And offence taken. Yea i prob lack somethin but who r u to judge me

Waybuloo

jauggy said:
I'm 1st generation i think*

I was born o'seas

Do u hold that accountable for my views or just curious?
I think being a minority does impact on your views. I'm a 2nd generation and go for the underdogs too. :wink:

Yea for sure. Being a minority definitely puts into perspective the treatment of other minorities by the Dominant culture. Power and Oil does not justify overthrowing a country and placing it into chaos and a sad situation of 'democracy'.

lonesomeboy

Ahmed said:
I feel that most time i am so selfish, i dont care about other people. i dont have any sympathy for them, even though i want to, but i am just not able to.

like if a friend of mine is sick, i should tell him, "hope u feel better" or some s**t like that, actually, i say it, but i never feel it. sound familiar?

my feelings are really cold, i cant express myself. i hate this in me.

i have this problem. I can't let myself show my feelings to anyone lest fear of getting hurt. thats why its very very hard for me to let anyone close to me. i've built up this preemptive defence mechanism.....sigh.

jauggy

Hope i make myself clear - I empathise with the underdogs, but no murder is justified from any side or country.

testobot

Chihiro said:
Serge said:

I am the son of an immigrant myself.

I am just curious--- how old are you? You seem awefully immature to ask what gives somebody else the right to judge you when you are passing judgement on all of those "well off" americans who died in the towers. Here is a news flash- many of those well of americans were working class immigrant- muslims, jews, christian, arabs, hispanics. Sorry, but I think it is stupid for any of us to expect others not to persecute us when we are persecuting others because of our paranoid delusions. As far as the war in iraq- blame that on bush's and sadam's stupidity... bush's stupidity for his greed and what I think was his genuine foolish paranoia of somebody (Sadam) who was nobody more than a blustering, posteuring, idiot who thought he could scare off the warmongering Bush by being a war-monger himself.
Another news flash-- most of the civilians being killed in Iraq are being killed by other arabs and muslims. It's just reality- I don't make up the situation- and the only way to solve our problems is by dealing with reality.

Waybuloo

If not for the maximum post thing I would’ve replied earlier.

Yetisbabe,

I am sorry for the loss of your dad it sounded like it took a real toll on you although I couldn’t have imagined what it was like. I can only guess that the sense of loss and longing is consuming and painful to take. I may have been ignorant in passing a comment on people dying and how that affected others, I guess it boiled down to my experience at losing my own relatives and my belief dat humans are selfish, but dat’s perhaps the flaw in my belief and my tendency sometimes to generalise.

About 9 11, again dat’s just how I feel. My feeling does not and did not impact on the outcome. Of course logically and morally it cannot perhaps be justified.

I won’t bother with topics on touchy territory anymore looks like it doesn’t go down well, best to keep em suppressed.

Serge

Saying “I would say someone saying….really lacks something” is what I take as judgment targeted at me. And apparently I see u’ve elaborated on what u thought I lacked. Good work pal! Like I said I am mostly selfish and can rarely sympathise so u’re right on the ball there. I acknowledge that as my shortcoming and what a gentleman of u to reinforce that.

What kind of people could possibly rejoice in the deaths and maiming of thousands of whatever faith, nationality or race? People like me should just be shot right? Everyday I’m bombarded with personalities, propaganda, the media. I filter them and come to a decision based on my beliefs, upbringing, personality, and surroundings, but that’s just my take on the world. Whether I lack empathy or ability to see individual humans as opposed to propaganda is also my criticism to make of myself.

I know what an open forum is.

Waybuloo

sad_kat said:
I dont think i could ever not care for people. When someone, like a friend, has a problem sometimes I get too involved because I feel so awful for their situation. I often dwell on my friends problems and feel bad for being able to help more.
And the news, I always feel terrible for people who die or who are having horrible lives. I'm just like that, I always feel for people who are going through a rough time whether I know them or not. I care about what is going on in the world and sometimes cry when watching the news cause I feel so terrible about what is happening.
At funerals, they effect me quite badly, when my grandad died, I thought it was so unfair that he died, he didnt deserve to die when he was such a kind person and had so much to give to other people. He was young (youngish for a grandad) and should in no way have died. obviously i felt upset for me for losing him and wishing he could be with me for longer, but i felt more upset for my family, and for him, the fact that he left when he had so much more to do in his life.
I can understand how other people may not feel for others though, maybe its just a part of them or because of things that are going on in their lives at the time, but for me, caring about others is very important to me, probably more than I should but I just do.

The world is never short of the need for a sensitive soul. I'm glad for the people around you as they have such an understanding friend in their times of need. At the same time u must feel a kind of burden and sadness with absorbing so much grief around you?

Waybuloo

testobot said:
Chihiro said:
Serge said:

I am the son of an immigrant myself.

I am just curious--- how old are you? You seem awefully immature to ask what gives somebody else the right to judge you when you are passing judgement on all of those "well off" americans who died in the towers. Here is a news flash- many of those well of americans were working class immigrant- muslims, jews, christian, arabs, hispanics. Sorry, but I think it is stupid for any of us to expect others not to persecute us when we are persecuting others because of our paranoid delusions. As far as the war in iraq- blame that on bush's and sadam's stupidity... bush's stupidity for his greed and what I think was his genuine foolish paranoia of somebody (Sadam) who was nobody more than a blustering, posteuring, idiot who thought he could scare off the warmongering Bush by being a war-monger himself.
Another news flash-- most of the civilians being killed in Iraq are being killed by other arabs and muslims. It's just reality- I don't make up the situation- and the only way to solve our problems is by dealing with reality.

I didn't start off by personally victimising any person based on their personality, merit or morals.

You've no need to newsflash me i watch the news. Yes i know that its not just Americans, that most of the casualties are civilians of all ethnicities caught in the cross fire between the struggle between the powerful. Even though most arabs are killed by Sadam doesn't make it ok for Bush to take over the killing, but i won't go there anymore.

I thought the world was scarry, but it beats the bullying here. I was never called awfully immature, stupid, paranoid, or received multiple newsflashes in real life by anyone let alone a complete stranger.

Septor

The world needs kind souls.Sometime i think that a lot of my energy is suck out worry about other people.I was even like that with animals when i was kid always bring them home hut animals with me.

Do we really need to turn this in to a political debate. :(

Waybuloo

Septor said:
The world needs kind souls.Sometime i think that a lot of my energy is suck out worry about other people.I was even like that with animals when i was kid always bring them home hut animals with me.

Do we really need to turn this in to a political debate. :(

yea :D

Its sad TT not T that there aren't more people around you to appreciate ur kindness. I think kindness feeds off people too. If u've received kindness it kind of affects ur attitude and makes you want to give back in a nice way.

I think animals definitely makes a person more caring and therefore is good in making u forget a bit about ur own problems. a psychiatrist once told me that a boy going thru depression got a puppy and was cured. While that beggers belief a bit it shows u the power of love and caring for others i guess. Sadly i can't get any pets.

Waybuloo

cLavain said:
Chihiro said:
Sadly i can't get any pets.
Restraining order? :mrgreen:

no but i do have a class action brought against me by the cats of Kingsford-Smith. Whilst i think i'm innocent, it'll dramartically affect my future liasons with the animal kingdom. :)

cLavain

Chihiro said:
cLavain said:
Chihiro said:
Sadly i can't get any pets.
Restraining order? :mrgreen:

no but i do have a class action brought against me by the cats of Kingsford-Smith. Whilst i think i'm innocent, it'll dramartically affect my future liasons with the animal kingdom. :)

You think you're innocent? What exactly happened that night, mister Chihiro? :)

Anyway, by pissing of the cats, you'll be sure to improve your reputation among dogs and mice, so no worries. My enemy's enemy, you know...

girlshaped

Remus said:
I'm not like that atall, tend to feel others pain like its my own, leads to trouble though as you can take to much onto yourself, then it leads me to episodes of reclusing, maybe its safer your way but I doubt I have it in me

I see myself in Remus's reply, this is me, despite many that have abused my good nature. The only ppl I dont have sympathy for is those that dont deserve it and are selfish themselves. I have had so many who I considered friends, in the past, abuse my caring heart that I was actually considering becoming bitter and all-self like themselves, but it's not the answer, you cant be something you're not. It's took a long time to realise that it's much better to rid the negative ppl from your life rather than hanging in and thinking it's yourself with the problem when really it's not, it's you that's on top. So keep your head high and be proud of who you are, dont let anyone let you think other wise :)