Secretaries at work complaining I look at their BOOBS!

Zipper

My supervisor said some had made this complaint, and that he would direct me to stop and would write a report for my personnel file. I cried quite a bit yesterday and called my parents to commisserate (I'm still in my 20's). But then today I kind of got "T-O-ed." I'm thinking about telling my supervisor something like the following, what do you think?

There are times when I am with men and I don't quite know where to look either. No doubt if you did a survey of the male members of the office, they too would be able to describe shy or awkward behavior on my part in interactions with them.

I do not understand why this is a personnel or disciplinary matter. So some people get wierded out when they are around me some of the time. Such are the petty conflicts that we deal with in life. Why don't you ask them to get used to it?

I will likely be idiosyncratically odd the rest of my life and cannot turn it off like a switch. If you cannot accommodate this, then I'm not sure this is the kind of place I desire to be.

Chilling__Echo

i wouldn't be suprised if they wore provocative clothing anyway. that's really inconsiderate of them b/c i'm sure you're not like that. i'm also pretty sure it doesn't have to do with ackward behavior on your part, it's still a far cry from staring at someone's boobs. it sounds like to me that you were the guy that sparked something in one chick, and she probably blabbed to the other chicks so they were looking for you to incriminate yourself and i've always said that if you look hard enough to find something, you'll find it whether it's there or not.

i wish i worked with these chicks :x i'd have at em'

Zipper

Zosima,

I really like your avatar -- a William Blake etching called "Ancient of Days." William Blake was a NeoPlatonist mystic.

As for the women in my office, if anyone wishes to press the issue further I'll just say, "ask my secretary Marcy for a second opinion, or my friend Steff or Niki, they will tell you that these other women are reading meaning into interpersonal exchanges that are meaningless."

it's important for me to remember that I am on good terms with so many women at the office, although they too, no doubt, realize that there is some awkwardness about me.

What makes it so hard is that i am not told *who* it was, and how many that are making these complaints, so I don't know how many people are saying this about me and who i should apologize to. It makes a paranoid guy even more paranoid.

Ah well, it's probably not worth thinking too hard about.

Zipper

Chilling__Echo said:
what would you say to them? (it would be interesting to hear how a woman would defend a socially awkward guy like me) :)

well, I made very clear to my supervisor that my behavior is largely unconscious and I have odd mannerisms because i am shy and sometimes intimidated. I told him that I certainly don't intent to treat anybody cruelly or hurt anybody.

:cry:

exuser01

Zipper said:
Chilling__Echo said:
what would you say to them? (it would be interesting to hear how a woman would defend a socially awkward guy like me) :)

ummm why would you need to stare at their chests anyways???? Don't they realize we're in an age were you're just a few clicks away from seeing some of the hottest women on earth, completely naked? I bet their tits aren't even that great. I hate when women flatter themselves.

Next time you go to work, stuff your pants and catch them sneaking a peak at your bulge.

SocialWreck

An evil thought,

Go into work yourself wearing false breasts and a skimply blouse and then get them looking at you funny, youll have every right to complain back and proove to them how childish they are being. :twisted:

Chilling__Echo

MrRightNow said:
Zipper said:
Chilling__Echo said:

ummm why would you need to stare at their chests anyways???? Don't they realize we're in an age were you're just a few clicks away from seeing some of the hottest women on earth, completely naked? I bet their tits aren't even that great. I hate when women flatter themselves.

Next time you go to work, stuff your pants and catch them sneaking a peak at your bulge.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

well, i don't know what i'd say, but get me with my temper and words would fly.

and oh so true mrrightnow.

i mean, that's just crap. women crying wolf over someone mentally undressing them to me 99% of the time is like pullin a race card. only i guess it's a sexist card. it just makes me mad. people should be more reasonable. i'm sure i'm breaking all kinds of political correctness rules but i try to be a realistic person and most of the guys that i've known that get slapped with something like this were truely innocent but had no way of proving their innocence.

Jegan

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...this thread is sooooooooooo funny.. and yea jt..since when has looking at beautifull women become a crime..lol

Zipper

:cry: :( 8O

CuteFluffyKitten,

Very sorry about your experience of being injured in that way. My deep sympathies go out to you. My ex girlfriend had been raped before I knew her.

Quixote

shipost said:
Is rape really that bad?

Yes it is. Women have an instinct for choosing their partner carefully, as they can only have a limited number of offspring. Generally speaking this partner should be both in possess of a good genetic package and willinng to help her with raising babies afterwards. Translated, that means successful yet caring and in love. As you can easily see, a rape makes it impossible to satisfy these two conditions, she will get a random genetic package and no help. So it must obviously be a very unpleasant experience for any woman.

Plus consider that a rape often involves physical violence.

Finally, anything that is imposed by force is generally regarded as bad by most human beings, regardless of its nature. I hope you are convinced by now.

gaogwl

POSTED ON:
http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/postt7121.html

I'm Chinese, I saw the word boobs used here first time,but I could still guess it's meaning. My English is so poor,part sentences posted by net frieds I couldn't understant, just be felt. :wink:
Boobs, some like a woman terrorist gets two boobs rushing into White House. :wink: :lol: I'm sorry,I'm Chinese.Now I know it's meaning boobs.

Sometimes girls in red or sexy dressing are more easy catch my eyes. Also their bosom or arse( I spell right? or bottom or rump ). They are like magnet to catch my iron eyes. Not only girls or women, every person including men before me could mades me unease,mades my eyes be not certain . I can not look at one thing straight. I said ,it's my illness.

To me ,it's more painful than Zipper. I'm not a normal person.I think I'll just live as this in my rest of my life. Being always misunderstood,I'll always be looking for some one understand me,make friend with me,I'm alone.

Emma

Haha that's really funny, but how would they know you were looking at them if they weren't looking at you?

I read in a newspaper, this guy said that if you leave meat out the cats will come, which was funny, but I think he meant if you expose yourself people are going to look, so maybe you should say that to them if that's what they are doing.

Some girls are really bitchy though and will complain about anything to get attention :roll:
I wouldn't worry about some bimbos complaining about you

Thelema

Women want guys to look at them because it makes them feel good and the guys feel good too. If women don't want guys to look at them then they should wrap something tight around their boobs making them completely flat and shave their head. If you really want all men to stop looking at you then you should wear on of those black things that Muslim women wear. Well I guess that would make you stand out even more but nobody would look at your sacred boobs you must protect from human sight!

Men don't have boobs and I'm sure women wouldn't like to look at bulges in our pants all day. The only thing we have is our personality and maybe a nice face.

What could be wrong about lusting after women? We are animals you know :wink:

Kinetik

That's such a horrible situation. I love women and all but nothing irritates me more than them using their gender to take advantage of something. A couple years ago, I dated a girl with a massive alcohol problem. She'd come to my apartment after the bars shut and would be incredibly difficult and unreasonable because she could never handle her liquor. When I told her to leave, she'd be all "I'll tell you the police you've been hitting me" and things like that. It's just disgusting. I couldn't so much as look at women for about a year afterwards.

ozkr

Thelema said:
Women want guys to look at them because it makes them feel good and the guys feel good too. If women don't want guys to look at them then they should wrap something tight around their boobs making them completely flat and shave their head. If you really want all men to stop looking at you then you should wear on of those black things that Muslim women wear. Well I guess that would make you stand out even more but nobody would look at your sacred boobs you must protect from human sight!

Exactly! Sight is freaking natural and if you don't want someone to look at you or at a certain part of your body, don't over expose it!
If a woman wearing a tight shirt with a revealing cleavage (just to give an example) finds it offensive and uncomfortable when people look at her, then she has two solutions :
1- accept the fact that the people you want to look at you will not be the only ones looking at you.
2- stop wearing sexy clothes.