Scuba Diving

Island_chic

Does anyone scuba dive OR want to learn??

I've always wanted to scuba dive but was too afraid of everything to even leave my bedroom as a teenager. I've had a diving manual for about ~17 years that was my brother's originally but he only studied half the book. He has A.D.D so my mom was always worried that it would be dangerous for him.

Anyways, I got hit by the bug and started envisioning this alot and so began reading the manual and checking out dive shops in my area. You must take classes to become certified. I'd like to eventually do that. I'm not afraid but excited. I do have to save some money cause it cost a bit there.
I live near the Gulf Of Mexico..Gulf Shores. I really want to go diving there. I'd love to see a whale one day.

I would like to scuba dive in the same way I'd like to be able to sing. It would be nice, but my lungs..... hang on one second, I'm getting deja vu.... :confused:

WeirdyMcGee

If it's in an area where I can see to the bottom, I'm usually fine.
The endless feeling-- like I'm floating in the middle of nothingness is a no-go for me. -__- Agoraphobic. The nothingness freaks the hell out of me.

I have gone scuba diving before though.
A highschool friend back home is an instructor now.

Blabla..

floating in the middle of the sea is , i think my worst phobia , i would probably panic at the idea of something giant brushing against my feet and die of a heart attack, but i absolutely love the sea and the underwater , i like snorkeling where it is not very deep .

coyote

i've done a lot of snorkeling and went on a few "unofficial" dives (was shown how to use the scuba equipment, but not certified)

it's way different when you're carrying an automatic weapon

Blabla..

It's strange that i'm so attracted to the ocean but at the same time so afraid of it , i watch documentaries about the underwater , or movies like the abyss and i feel so good.