Scribbles and Fun

hippiechild

Having been on this site for a while, it's become very clear to me that SPW is an absolute treasure trove of creativity and enthusiasm! The poetry section is constantly filled with beautiful prose, the artist thread is full of wonderful works and overall there seems to be a certain brilliance that comes with learning to cope with the everyday woes of the social phobic...

so often in day-to-day life there's no outlet for that need to express... no place to release built up feelings and creative energy!

For this, the forums are a great asset to many, but, as I know from my own experience, it can be really hard to put yourself into words that you feel comfortable with... words, words, words.. they can be quite a frustration

sometimes it's easier and more accurate to do some non-verbal expression... drawing, sketching, doodling, scribbling with no goals or expectations. Just watching colors coming and going, lines moving at my beck and call... it can be therapeutic in ways that I have yet to experience outside of the visual arts.

There's a fantastic site for this, which lets you draw to your hearts content in whatever way you like

www.iscribble.com

introduced to me by Dronee and Anomicdeer, it's really become an integral part of my week, perfect for de-stressing after a tiring dose of real life.

I would encourage anyone who hasn't already tried it to do so :) If nothing else, you could think of it as self directed art-therapy... or, maybe more accurately, a new version of chatbox with a bunch of crazy colored lines flying around in place of text :D

hope to see you on there!

yours truly,
Hippie

huzzah

I used to go on that website sometimes! It seems like a lot of fun, but I'm too scared to go on there regularly. My username is huzzah, I'm not sure how the whole adding-friends thing works.

Hey there you two... A few here and myself go to SPW at 9am (US time) and so we sometimes ask one another to go to iscribble from here. IIRC, adding friends on iscribble is done using the command "/friend (your friend's username)"...

There's a faq there as well. No worries about skill level either. Most of the users there as well as myself just scribble around and doodle. Heck, I can't even doodle right (if there's such a thing as the right way to doodle).

Hope to see more people there!