School Anxiety

chris87

I had a horrible day today at school. There was a quiz in my stat class, which I had studied for and felt ready. I ended up getting so anxious during it that I couldn't remember anything. I totally panicked, and could barely do the problems. After I got home, I was relaxed and remembered everything that I had forgotten an hour earlier.

I know that this isn't necessarily a SA issue, but does anyone have this problem? School always makes my SA worse, and I think that it contributes to the anxiety I get when taking test, exams, etc.

dottie

i think this is called test anxiety. you might consider going to the school counselor (or disability office if they have one) to see if there is anything they can do to help you. i think they might be able to arrange a different time and place for you to test so that it is more comfortable for you. give it a try.

nofriends34

I know what you mean. I'm in college right now and I hate every minute of it. It gives me so much anxiety. Not just social anxiety (which I get a lot during school), but also performance anxiety, test anxiety and oral presentations (the part I dread the most). I literally live in anxiety 24/7 because I worry about my grades, tests, and oral presentations. The fact that I have no friends also causes me to have severe depression.

I can't wait until school is over.