SA documentary video

this_portrait

Oh, wow, I remember this! I actually used this video as a source for this paper I wrote in my psychology class 2 years ago. It was an extra credit paper that we could do on a topic we didn't cover much in class. SA happened to be one of those topics, so I chose that.

w*n*c*a*m

You know guys, I'm thinking if I should show this video to my boyfriend. Maybe he'll understand me better. I'm glad he's been patient to me all these times. I can truly relate to this part Afraid of People: A Social Anxiety Disorder Documentary 3/6 - YouTube

Everything that the boyfriend and husband said to their SA partner in this video is the exact things he tells me most of the time. It is the usual cause of our argument.
This is my greatest secret. I know he'll still accept me. But, he has this tendency to see things as overreaction. There's a great possibility that he'll say I'm not as extreme as this. That he might think I'm just putting up an excuse for my "low self - esteem".
In the video, the woman described her little relief upon knowing that there's a "name" for her condition. I remember the first time I've come to this site and realized that I'm not really alone. At that time, I was feeling so depressed and helpless for my being different, so I searched for some answers in the internet and how I was surprised to see an article that describes me.
I admire these people who've exposed themselves to inform others about SA. I wouldn't have the guts to do that because there are a lot of people that would take advantage of my weakness... and it would just break me again.
But finding this site made me recognize my condition and helped me overcome gradually. I still have SA, but looking back at that time I didn't know about this condition, I just felt lost, out of place, unloved everything! Since I've recognized my weakness. I gradually accepted myself although not totally. And it helped me develop what I should improve.
I just wish that all those SA sufferers who haven't recognized it yet... watch this vid or accidentally come to this site.

I am playing dead at the moment from the mental health authorities.My diagnosis has altered radically over time.First it was Schizophrenia,then depression,and at the moment I have the label of Agoraphobic.
watching this video I did recognise myself but I've been through so much experimentation form psychiatry that they are actually the main reason I'm playing possum,and I most certainly do not want to go back and describe my situation to them again.
To be fair top them,I probably did not properly explain to them what was really going on with me because I would seize up,put on act of being relaxed and simply agree with everything they said.It made the whole experience easier and meant I could get out of there quicker.
It's kind of my own fault but I couldn't stop myself from doing it.The need to preserve the self was too great.I just wanted to get out of there and be safely back in a familiar place.

w*n*c*a*m

I'm glad you like it. I hope this puts a positive effect on us. The people in the documentary improved so I'm sure we have that chance too. I so admire them.