Robots phoning you

Remus

Staff member
Anyone else get this? allways at teatime too.
I want to call bar but that costs, drives me nuts bah!

mrb

yea sometimes ....... i just put the phone down , now and again i get people from india phoning me selling stuff , cos thats were there call centre is , i know its them cos of the number , so i just pick up and say hello wing wah takeaway , could i have your order number please , after ten seconds silence i repeat it , needless to say lol they just put the phone down

emmasma

If you actually talk to a person ask them to remove you from the list. they legally are required to do so (in the US), although it takes a few days sometimes. I did this and after a while I did not have any more. If it is a computer you can usually wait till the end and request to talk someone.
Also do not give your number out to any advertisers or contests. I signed up for one of those drawings in the grocery store once and had lots of calls.
I always try to be nice to these people, because anyone who is willing to do a job having literally hundreds of people be angry and hang up on them a day is obviously in a worse life situation than me.

lithium

Everytime they call me, I pick up the phone and grunt really loudly into the phone and hang up. It cracks me up at the thought of the other person's reaction.

Shift

I used to, but not so much anymore.

Although, I called the vet one time to set up an appointment for my puppy and I thought a robot answered the phone. But it was a real person, she just sounded like a robot. I thought it was kind of cool. Haha.

They call my house all of the time because my parents owe so much to creditors. It drives me crazy, especially when they leave really long messages on the answering machine. We usually have to unplug the phone because they call so often.

dooby-duck

We get them at work which is really annoying. If I'm on my own I have to answer the phone and it is miles away for a start and I'm usually up to my eyeballs in oil and muck. I finally get to the phone and its recorded rubbish.

emmasma

They also call the phones at my work a lot which is awful because I work in a nursing home. The poor alzheimers residents are answering the phone trying to figure out what is going on and it can really upset them, expecially if they are still able to actually talk on the phone but may not be able to understand why these people call them.

Everytime they call me, I pick up the phone and grunt really loudly into the phone and hang up. It cracks me up at the thought of the other person's reaction.

Thanks for the idea lithium!:) I'm going to try this next time I get one of those frequent annoying phone calls.

FOR REAL

Banned
sometimes if you wait to the end of the ****in "robot" talking it sais press 9 to stop the ****in things.
if its an actual person though "can i speak to the house owner"
i just say "b*g*er off"

dooby-duck

Another thing I hate is ignorant telesales people. They phone up asking to speak to the person who pays the phone, electric etc.... bill, when you tell them that they are not in they just hang up without saying a word.

FOR REAL

Banned
Another thing I hate is ignorant telesales people. They phone up asking to speak to the person who pays the phone, electric etc.... bill, when you tell them that they are not in they just hang up without saying a word.

see when they say that, get in before them and lazily say "no **** off" then hang up:D