Religious thread ideas

• good idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bad idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remus

Staff member
how about three seperate threads in the off topic forum?

a religion thread for people who are religious and want to discuss how relgion helped them and atheists/agnostics keep out

a non relgion thread for people who are not religious and want to discuss theories of life, the universe and everything without a diety and religous people keep out.

and keep zosisma's religious debate thread up there so you can all argue

and maybe sticky all three?

Lavinia84

Big suprise here, I voted for bad idea and here is why.

I would fall into the religious category, however its clear that I would be extremely unwelcome in the religious group forum as I do not conform with the majorities view. I would not fit in with the athiest/agnostic group as I clearly believe in God.

This would just leave me in the debate group, which is what we already have!

Horatio

you will probably find that there will be just as much fighting/arguing in the religion thread between those who are religious than in the official debate thread where athiests/agnostics can join in

Ive been to a large number of different churches and most are unable to agree on the colour of an orange

Mary

Lavinia brings up an interesting point, some people may fall in the "religious" category but remember there are alot of different religions are they all going to be grouped together? That would be fun! 8O Not!
Not everybody's beliefs are the same.
It's difficult and I'm not sure if and how it would work. Maybe each religion can start their own thread! But then it might get flooded with religious threads pretty quickly.
Still maybe Remus's idea might work. Who know's? Beside's God I mean?
:wink: Just a small joke everyone calm down! LOL.

Remus

Staff member
I dont know it just seems that we have (for example) the christians thread which original purpose was to encourage other christians to talk about how they have had support through god etc, then it got gang banged with religious debate which wasnt in keeping with the original intention of the topic starter.

Most mods on other forums remove posts that are not on topic, I mean we ended up locking it ,it got so bad.

anyone else have any suggestions around this, bar mods having to remove posts not related to original content.

Just wondering of a way forward that is amicable to all sides

Boundless

If people start going off topic remove there posts,that would stop people turning threads into arguments,if its how they got help through God then it should stay that way,not degrade into a debate as thats not the purpose of the thread.They can start there own threads if they want a debate.

cLavain

Yes, a good idea, but I agree with Zosima: No need for an atheist/agnostic thread. That would be like a community for people not collecting stamps, wouldn't it? :)

Lavinia may have a point, but most people inclined to post stuff about their religion seem to fall into the Christian category. And if Lavinia doesn't agree with most Christians, then he/she is probably best off posting in the debate thread.

Remus

Staff member
oh well a bad idea then :D

So I think there should be a Christians only thread, perhaps called CHRISTIAN SUPPORT, in which it's made clear in the introductory post that the thread is just for positive Christian posts.

thats a good idea though