Relationships

Hauntedhead

Im curious to know if anyone is in a relationship and how sp effects there relationship and what your partner thinks about it? Im also wondering if your not in a relationship do you think its possible to be in one with someone who doesnt have it and doesnt fully understand it and still be happy ? or do you feel you will be alone forever and lonely? How can people with sp be in a relationship ? Does anyone feel there gonna be alone forever ? id like your thoughts on this..

Rainman

I think you shoud leave relationships to fate. A relationship, is basically two entities relating to one another. In a social context, that is how you relate to the other people. Now, I'll be honest, most people do not relate to us well, but there are a few people who do and we naturally form relationships with them, sometimes even without trying.

This is the attitude you need. Just go about your regular life activities, and along the way you will meet other people, many of them won't relate to you, but some will and you may even form very good friendships.

I have seen the best way to make friends, is to have own interests and be your own person. If you look like the person who is conforming to others desires and wishes and does not have a dynamic life of their own, people will just tune out. They will also tune out if you look needy.

Before you even begin to think of making friends, start living your own life, be your own lone ranger, find your own personality and just watch how quickly people become attracted to you. We gravitate naturally towards people who have their own charisma.

Hauntedhead

Hey thats some great advice rainman ,you have some very good points,never looked at it that way,,thanks for your thoughts bud :wink:

IceLad

Thats excellent advice Rainman. I'm a firm believer that you'll find that special person when you least expect it or are not looking for it.

My problem is however, is that I'm always looking for it!!

Remus

Staff member
I've been in long term relationships with non SA people an one long term with someone who had it, the relationships failed miserably wether they understood or not. Maybe there is someone out there for me, I have got to the stage where I really cannot be bothered looking anymore. Last person I was dating in the new year went through my draws looking for evidence to see if I was seeing other women :lol: she foiund my daughters lipstick, not even checking it was kiddy lipstick and was acusing me! we'd been going out for only two weeks

she was dumped soon after, I dont half pick em lol

When I first meet up with women etc.... I put on the mask, appear confident, amusing,charismatic etc etc, keeping that up though is impossible and when I let it slip abit and they see the sensitive, vulnerable, needy, insecure wreck thats underneath they soon tend to find it very unnatractive, though I can be strong minded at times, I also can be very vulnerable, especially with emotions involved.

I dont think it makes much difference if you date non SP people or people with it in my experience, most people have expectations of you that need to be met and dont tend to settle for anything less

sorry if that depressed everyone :oops:

but I think maybe, just maybe there is someone out there for everyone, so still optimistic :)