Relationship and really low self esteem...

Moonchild

Ok... Got a boyfriend. But life seems more difficult now than before. Has anyone ever felt like this? He is a confident person with lots of friends and he likes going out a lot. Off course this is really hard for me. I care for him, he cares for me but I cannot follow his normal tendency to go out. So I am left behind and he hangs out with his friends. And it's really hard to cope with him getting out so much with all these male or female friends. I get jealous all the time. Jealous of his female friends around him because I do not have the guts to be around him. I am stuck indoors allways wondering where he is. Boy.. am I being irrational... I know.. IT so ****ing unfair for him having me worrying all the time. Maybe I should let him go and return to my loneliness. It is the only thing I can hanlde well... Sadly insecurity and low self esteem seems not only to make it hard to get a bf/gf. Also makes it hard to cope with one. Any thoughts are welcome

JamieD

Aww i know how you feel. I've never actually one (a girlfriend of course) lol. But i'm afraid i wouldn't be able to 'keep up' or be interesting enough for her. It's so saddening. But in terms of advice, i can't really help being as i've no experience.

Lightning

Moonchild, I had the exact same problem with my last girlfriend. You just have to trust your partner, it will be hard. My ex had almost no female friends, so whenever she was hanging out with someone 9 times out of 10 it was a guy. Our relationship lasted for about 2 years, I spent the first year and a bit feeling exactly like you do (I'm not sure what made me get over how I was feeling, I guess I just grew to trust her over time.)

Best of luck to you with your decision.

hangbi92

this makes me change my mind. I think Im gonna tell a girl that I like her, but now think about it, she is an outgoing person and has many friends. I dont know if I can keep her for even one day. Maybe its better I stay alone like this :)