Relapsing

DaDahhhhDaDaDa

Can't believe it... seems I was slowly but surely getting better only a week ago but now that the final exams are less than two weeks away I've just returned to the same depressed state that I was in when I began.

The mere thought of studying and the exams right now brings 'waves' (best way I can describe it) of anxiety back in my gut. At this moment I'm very irritable - screaming at and ignoring anyone who tries to talk to me and went back to chewing my finger again, habit that I thought I had stopped.

The thought of punching a brick wall until my knuckles bleed has come to mind and I can't get it out of my head. Only thing stopping me is that I know it's self-medicating, but it also might stop me from going overboard.

Eghhh... Re reading this now, it sounds really bad... It's going to be a long day :cry:
Advice appericiated

maggie

hey DaDa..the waves of anxiety you describe..i know them well. Just keep in mind when you're feeling shitty and stressed..the rough spot will pass..and try to enjoy the calmer days. If i have a day i feel somewhat calm, i try to accomplish as much as i can..before it passes :wink:

DaDahhhhDaDaDa

maggie said:
hey DaDa..the waves of anxiety you describe..i know them well. Just keep in mind when you're feeling shitty and stressed..the rough spot will pass..and try to enjoy the calmer days. If i have a day i feel somewhat calm, i try to accomplish as much as i can..before it passes :wink:

Thanks for the advice Maggie.
Seems I'm most tense in the afternoon, when I'm actually more energetic than the morning and midday hours. Perfect time to study I suppose, the morning, just wish I was a little more awake at those times :roll:

maggie

DaDahhhhDaDaDa said:
maggie said:

Thanks for the advice Maggie.
Seems I'm most tense in the afternoon, when I'm actually more energetic than the morning and midday hours. Perfect time to study I suppose, the morning, just wish I was a little more awake at those times :roll:
hey DaDa..me too! i feel more tense towards the afternoon also. I always book early appointments if i have to go to the doctor, dentist, or whatever, cause if i get up and get it over with, it seems less stressful. And sometimes it feels as if i'm having a good, anxiety-free day, then the late afternoon hits..and all the shitty feelings come rushing back :evil: