Regression

Hi Everyone,

I have serious palmar and plantar hyperhidrosis. Been using the RA Fischer iontophoresis device MD2A since January 2011. Had wonderful results for the first 8 months. Recently though, I've started to notice the sweating returning, and lately, it has been the SAME as before I started the treatments! I am so upset by this! Everything I touch is wet again (from my hands) and I have to go back to wearing sneakers because I slip with flip flops.

I put the machine up to 13.5 mA for my hands and 18.5 mA for my feet. My machine only goes up to 20 mA. I've been doing the treatments for 20 minutes each hand/ 20 minutes each foot (total of 80 minutes time) and usually do it twice a week, but have been doing it every day again since I noticed the sweating returning.

Has anyone else experienced a regress with their treatments, and if so, what do you suggest?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Olga

upndwn

Welcome to SPW olgastevens :)

I'm sorry to hear about your problem. I'm not familiar about your condition, but I'm sure someone here at SPW can help. Glad to have you with us :)

Sprawling

Did you move from one living location to another. The water quality can different if you have moved.

I also use the MD-1a and I use around 20-23 mA for both my hands and feet. Only being able achieve 20 mA is a reflection of the water quality. Technically, the machine can go as high as 50mA according to the gauge.

Try adding some rain water to your mixture. I was in a similar situation as you describe when I move out of state to anew city. I was desperate and decided to collect some rain runoff from the roof and added that to my new water source. Within about a week my hands were dry as can be.

ysh

I am sorry to hear. I have been doing ionto for about the same time as you and it is still working for me. I hope it will continue working.

I increase the current somewhat and do daily treatments every day until the sweating is under control again. If you have moved or the water has changed another approach might be necessary.

Thank you so much for your replies. Sprawling, I did, in fact, "move", but I have lived here before from January until May (I am a college student), which is where I first started the treatments, and had no problems then. It could be that the water changed since I left and returned?

How are you getting your machine past 20 mA?? There is a "level" button on my machine and it seems the highest mine goes is 20! I've been wondering how some people say they do 25 mA?? I would love to increase it past 20 mA on my feet if I could.

I will try the rain water technique and will let you know how it goes!

hyp-hi

You could try changing up your schedule and do more frequent treatments for less time. I have been using inoto since March of this year. I do 13mA on the hands for 15 minutes every 2 to 3 days. I still sweat a little, but for the most part it is manageable and a lot better than it used to be.

Hey everyone!
Sorry for not responding sooner - school got the best of me!
I actually discontinued using my machine since my results seemed to be poor. However, now is the end of the term, and I would like to start using it again so I can have dry hands before I go home.
My question for all those who have stopped using the iontophoresis device for a few months: When starting up again, did you reverse back to a lower setting for the current? Or continued where you left off? I was using about 13 mA on my hands before I stopped - not sure if I should go down to 10 mA or continue at 13 mA. Anyone who has had experience with this, please let me know! Thanks!!!

pboy7

just like you said, i have ever same situation with you.after get the suggestions from Spawling, i changed the mineral bottle water,the result returned. so the water quality is point.
BTW, i use drioic, with good result. but a little frequent. once every otherday or two days.

Sprawling

Baking soda added to your water can increase conductivity. In the past it did not work for me so this time I added a bunch of heaping tablespoons and my conductivity went from 15 to 25mA on my older Fischer Md-1a. I can withstand the 25 because I've been doing ionto for a long time.

pboy, have you modified your Drionic to accept trays? I've modified my backup (Drionic) system and started to test it out again since it's been years since I've used it. See if baking soda helps bring the unit to the point that it actually hurts, then back down a notch.

Sprawling, you mention you got your machine to go past 20mA. I, too, have Fischer device (although it's the MD2A) and it only seems to go up to 20mA. Is there a way to get it higher that I don't know about? I would love to raise it past 20 on my feet.

I started doing treatments again on Monday and I guess it will take time for my hands to become dry again (praying that it does). I have added kosher salt to the trays. Is this not a good idea?

pboy7

Baking soda added to your water can increase conductivity. In the past it did not work for me so this time I added a bunch of heaping tablespoons and my conductivity went from 15 to 25mA on my older Fischer Md-1a. I can withstand the 25 because I've been doing ionto for a long time.

pboy, have you modified your Drionic to accept trays? I've modified my backup (Drionic) system and started to test it out again since it's been years since I've used it. See if baking soda helps bring the unit to the point that it actually hurts, then back down a notch.

I ever modified my drionic to two separated trays,but seemly no better result than homemade into,so,I give up.recently,i am research the side effect of long-term usage ionto,aluminium irons which enter into our body affect our body,what extent? Cauz i don't know irons in water or Al irons of pad take result to Palmer sweat?