reasons for using/avoiding facebook?

PurpleOne

I have just to keep in touch with old class mates. The class that didn't get along with me still hate me to this day. Since the 7th grade really? That person seriously needs to grow up. I hate face book.

Feathers

Hm, like others said - you can put up random pictures of cartoon characters or nature, think of it as 'avatars' on forums? and choose a nickname (something fun and interesting?)

I'm not much on FB either, it's nice to keep in touch with some people... & to find any cool events or such.. Privacy is important to me too, you can just avoid any specific info (or put in general/funny stuff, like here on the forum)...

It depends who you friend too.. Do you friend just people you know in RL (who might be married, with kids..) or do you friend mostly other single people (a friend of mine mostly did that and enjoys FB a lot, apparently?)

You can find random inspirational quotes and post those, if you like.. or re-post from other people's... or click on favorite YouTube videos & share those.. (some people do this a lot..) or share cool links or blog posts you've stumbled upon...

Some people add A LOT of people - it may make sense if you are promoting something, like a biz or your music/art/poetry etc. Some people just add those they really know.. It depends on how much of your info is actually there..