Realization

lithium

I have come to the realization of what my biggest problem is. It's that I get stuck in my head/mind way too much.
That is to say, that I over-analyze things to great extent. Simple little remarks, or actions, I keep thinking about in my head. As a result, I end up thinking negatively about what may be happening around me. It is actually paranoia to some degree. This is really troublesome because I usually get upset and put myself down on many occasions. It's really hard to let things go sometimes. For instance, the simplest comments, even if they are harmless, can affect in a bad way. I just wish I could disregard what people say sometimes. Basically, not give a shit about what people say or think.

Nack

Banned
It takes practices, trust me. When you reach to the point where you just don't care anymore, its makes you feel normal...in a way.

Honda

I have the same problem... I now care much less but it still gets me on occasions and i get in this thinking cycle that is endless.. Especially when im going to sleep..
Occupy your life with things get a girl, go to gym, play sport, go out with people, life is too short so enjoy when u get the chance.. Dont give a f**k and literally dont give a f**k... Get used to this new routine...

The problem is i say that but im not working on it, unfortunately i try to push it away and one way is to talk to people here on this forums..
I get nervous and scared in certain situations especialy infront of people who saw me panicing before..
Life is 50 good / 50 ugly.. so live it to the maxxx..

Ren Koutaisou

I do that too, unfortunately. Been doing it for years. Now it seems I just don't give a crap who says what. Ever. Anyone. It's like collapsing into myself when I try to analyze everything. Try to stay busy, get as many hobbies as you can.
You can never do enough

Enialis227

I have come to the realization of what my biggest problem is. It's that I get stuck in my head/mind way too much.
That is to say, that I over-analyze things to great extent. Simple little remarks, or actions, I keep thinking about in my head. As a result, I end up thinking negatively about what may be happening around me. It is actually paranoia to some degree. This is really troublesome because I usually get upset and put myself down on many occasions. It's really hard to let things go sometimes. For instance, the simplest comments, even if they are harmless, can affect in a bad way. I just wish I could disregard what people say sometimes. Basically, not give a shit about what people say or think.

I do this still, even though my medication almost completely cures my actual anxiety. I think its like a permanent habit that I have now, or something.

On the bright side, though, I have found that I can "figure people out" better than most others, because of how much and long I've obsessively analysed conversations.

Good and bad for everything, I guess.

I am the same guys. I think, sit and analyze things from years ago.
I notice it is not healthy ans ask myself why I do it.

Would you guys have some more tips on how to change this?
Keeping oneself busy is one as most have mentioned.
Is there any other way?

I have noticed if I have a positive day, meet a friend or whatnot
and just cannot be bothered to think negative that works great.
Maybe it's easier to stop the negativity when in a positive state of mood, duh :)

I think this stuck in ones head and over thinking/analyzing is a negative thinking pattern.

dooby-duck

I do this a lot too. It's like my mind pressing it's own self destruct button at times. These thoughts are really hard to get rid of and can take up a lot of time.

Honda

I dont think we suffer from a disease called anxiety disorder or social phobia.. I think were not used to be brave like normal people are and give our fear and cowardice an excuse.. Were just too spoiled to face the real world and live with it.. Everyday im reaching this conclusion over and over again.. I live in a society were you should be tough and streetsmart to gain your respect..