read the last line.

savage_beagle

The life you create
Sometimes you can make life much more difficult by attempting to make it too easy. Sometimes the shortcuts you seek end up being a lot more trouble than they're worth.
Often, in trying to avoid work, you can create even more work for yourself. Often, in seeking to avoid an unpleasant or inconvenient truth, you give even more power, influence and recognition to that truth.

Taking the easy way out is rarely that easy. For when you avoid the effort and commitment in life, you end up missing out on the real value.

The more willingly, lovingly and enthusiastically you make the effort, the more value that effort will bring. The more time you commit to making a difference, the more magnificent your world will be.

Instead of looking for ways to avoid work, look for ways to make that work more productive and more meaningful. Instead of seeking to hide from the truth, learn to align yourself with its power.

Be always anxious to give your best to life. For the life you create is the life you will live.
-- Ralph Marston

----read that last line over and over to yourselves. It is true. WE too often blame others for the life we live, but we are in control and can choose which direction to move in.

yea yea...u are in control of your own life and u choose how to live it, you choose to be happy or sad, u have the power

so anyone gonna still keep repeating this forever and ever ? or will it say to us HOW to actually do it ? it's hard for normal people to discover how to, but to ppl suffering from anxiety and depression :mad:

of course if u repeat to yourself a thing for tens, hundreds, thousands of time, the brain will start to belive it and act accordingly, that's what i call automanipulation, or as the scientists call it, NLP

i;m too dumb to manipulate myself, or maybe too smart:confused: but studies showed dumber ppl are happier then inteligent ones:D so lets get our IQ down in the search for happiness

I think the 'how' part is up for the individual to figure out because every person's problems/challenges will be unique. I think the studies show that extremely high and extremely low IQ people are less happy than others.

I found the message to apply to me at least.

What do you mean? If you lead a crappy, boring life, who can you blame but yourself??

Some people, try as they might, cannot reach their ideal life, no matter how hard they work towards it. other people on the other hand don't have to lift a finger and they can have whatever they want because of their birth circumstances.

Maybe this will change in the future...I don't know. Right now, though, not everything is within everyone's reach. And it has nothing to do with blaming anyone. It's just that not all people are born with the right tools to lead the perfect life.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
You are blaming the sufferers for the lives they lead. You're implying that you can just get over anxiety, depression, etc by just changing your mindset :/ In some cases it might be posible, but remember these things are illnesses. You are able to get better, yes... but with treatment and support, not by repeating sh*t over and over again. And even with treatment, some illnesses can not be cured, treated, but not cured. No one here chose to be like this, and the environment IS to blame in some cases. How about those who got bullied, beaten, laughed at, treated like less than garbage? If they have problems now, is it their fault or the environment made them that way?. How about those who DID look for treatment to get better, but the professionals didn't help at all because they didn't understand? (that happens, sadly). Please, don't assume that all of us sit in a dark corner to do nothing but cry, and we haven't tried to get better... I'm pretty sure that the majority of the people in this form (if not all of them) have tried and WANT to live a bit better. But it's not that easy, you know?.

Island_chic

You are 90 percent in control. 10 percent not. I heard that from a doctor.
But nothing will ever be perfect no matter how hard you try. It will only be better at what you do try. You are the only person who can do something about your life/condition.

Last edited:
I agree completely. Maybe I'm a blamed to think negatively for agreeing, but I think it's more realistic, from my point of view. Anyone here tried NLP on them-selfs and succeeded ? I've tried for a whole month to repeat to my self positive things that I wanted to change my thinking patterns, and after not seeing at least some minor improvements I quited.

I've tried for about a decade. I've succeeded in some areas. Other areas need more work. Let the guy, when he's old, look at the mirror ('success' or 'failure') and honestly say... "Hey... I've tried. I've really tried everything within my ability. No regrets man cause I've really tried."

I find self-affirmations with just words or telling yourself things to be not that effective. My self-affirmations are when I'm putting in real effort. If I cannot find a way to solve a problem head on, I'll find another avenue or put it on hold and try and gather resources in other ways. At least that's my experience.

I've fallen on some very dark times indeed, when I thought that nothing I do can matter. But I do it anyway. Or I wallow in self-pity, and then get back up and try again. Maybe I'm just a slow learner or pigheaded, but that's just me.

lonely_drummer

Nice little quote but i doubt that repeating these words will cure an illness because a word is just a knock off of a true emotion