Ramblings about anxiety's effect on me & Online friends?

sedona308

I get really anxious when I'm with a new person or a group. I know it will just be a matter of time before I'm asked where I work or what type of work I do. Since I'm unable to work because of my anxiety disorders, I never know what to say. I have no self-esteem and since I don't get out of the house much unless I'm with my "safe friend", I don't have a lot to say when people I know ask me what I've been doing. They don't understand why I don't work. I've tried to explain to a few but they just don't 'get it'.

Can anyone else relate to what I'm saying? I'm in my 50s and most of the time feel lonely because of my anxiety problems.

This is my first day here and I hope to find someone I can talk to online. Age doesn't matter. I just want to be able to connect and not feel so alone.

Seabreeze

Sedona I can relate to you even though my circumstances are slightly different. I'm in my 30's .I do work part-time in the evenings. It can be a struggle for me to get through the evening as it is a busy factory floor with alot of social interaction. Like you I have a friend who I pair of with on the job and so it does help me alot with my anxiety as he knows that I have anxiety problems . I often feel guilty for leaning too much on him. I avoid working in certain areas or with certain groups. I can cope with somebody one to one. I have never set foot in our canteen in the whole time I have worked there. I would die :oops:
Many times I have felt like leaving the job but have managed to stick it so far. I was 7 years out of work before I got this one.
I find that I make a good first impression and then it is all downhill after that. I find conversation difficult but for some reason I like to write .
Have a good Friday :)