Radar

Skog

Sometimes I try to position myself to increase the likelihood of socializing with particular people in my office by loitering in an area where people pass through and look at the newspaper or get something to drink. I've tried going there at times I have noticed certain people tend to go there or when I see them pass through in one direction and I estimate when they come back through the other way. It's like they have radar and can tell when I'm there and when I've left. I'm rarely successful in these ventures. The object of my loitering seems to take some other route or only pass back through after I have returned to my desk. Others seem to have these social opportunities naturally occur, but I can't even engineer them.

laure15

In my old job, I had a boss who is very social and because I have avpd, I tried to avoid him especially in the mornings. When I come to work, I go the other way instead of going through his side of the department. When I walk by his office, he would look up and say hi, engage me in conversation. Many times, I'm just not in the mood for socializing.