Questions help advice

medlam

Hi all

Ive been sufering with full body HH for 7 years, 7 long,painfull,annoying,lonely and crazy years. for the last year i have taken pro-bathine 15mg tablets and they've made a big diffrence, there not perfect but they alow me to live normally as long as obey certain rules and tricks.

My problem is im now ready to step back into the real world but ive been withdrawn for such a long time that im petrified about realying on tablets and tricks to lead a normal life. i wanna be succesfull and popular in life but i fear HH is holding me back too much

my question is does anyone here have full body and im talking crazy facial sweats, which are by far the worst and palmar, feet and underarms dont even come close, HH and is still succesfull, lives a normal life, socially able, has a family, kids,works in a office ?? aka normal

I'm struggling to see how this all can be achived while suffering from HH !
Any response is apprecited
M.R

Last edited:

spw_01

Hello,

I have facial/scalp HH. My other dxs are depression/anxiety. I'm almost 50 and have and still am striving for a more normal life. I have been married almost 16 years and miserable in it about 15. I've failed at every job I have ever had and am now unable to work because my depression/anxiety has a tight grip on me. I, too, wonder how normal of a life someone like me can lead. Also, I do have 3 children. Something that I thought would never happen for me. In spite of my husband accepting me the way I am, our marriage has not been great. I want to divorce and move on with my life, but am emotionally pinned here with fear that no other man would ever except me.

lukeskywalker

Hi Medlam, I have full body HH. I know exactly how you feel and you're right, palmar, plantar, and underarm HH is nothing compared to full body HH.

My palms have always sweated since childhood but now with full body HH the last thing I worry about are my palms. The fact that I live in a very hot and humid climate does not help much either.

The good thing is I work outdoors (construction/technical field) so I have an excuse for being covered in sweat most of the time. Unfortunately my HH has caused social anxiety. Banks and supermarkets are terrifying to me as well as meeting new people or seeing people I haven't seen in a while. Just the other day this person asked me where I was from and I immediately started sweating very heavily. It felt like somebody turned on the heater to full blast and my forehead and arms started pouring and my shirt got soaked literally within seconds. It was horrible and very awkward for the other person as well.

medlam

so thats it we're ****ed for life left on are own to struggle and suffer and as someone put it '' deal with it'' well i say **** you **** this stupid ****ing forum where people are complaining about sweaty feet **** you all !!!!

Sprawling

Medlam,

I feel your pain and I here that you are frustrated. HH is miserable for those of us living it. I'm 50+ and lived through everything except the facial sweating which seems to be in proportion to the crazy body, hands and feet sweating. I do deal with it. It's controlled so much of my life yet I manage to be social, ionto for my hands and feet, the body sweat during the summer, well not much I can do about it.

For me, the worst is having to deal with awful Fibromyalgia that has robbed me of my business, didn't help with my last relationship and has left me with about 4 hours at most to get things accomplished during the day. So between the sweating and pain, life isn't a bowl of cherries. I do manage to have friends and be thankful for what I do have.

It helps for ME to talk about my HH with friends so that they are aware, I do enough complaining about the fibro that robbed me of the outdoor activities I enjoy. It's like HH was not not enough to endure.

Try all the treatments that are available and talked about on this forum. It has helped me in more than one way; maybe something can work a little better for you?

Bitch and complain all you need too. That's the reason why this forum is here.

alvine

Hi all

Ive been sufering with full body HH for 7 years, 7 long,painfull,annoying,lonely and crazy years. for the last year i have taken pro-bathine 15mg tablets and they've made a big diffrence, there not perfect but they alow me to live normally as long as obey certain rules and tricks.

My problem is im now ready to step back into the real world but ive been withdrawn for such a long time that im petrified about realying on tablets and tricks to lead a normal life. i wanna be succesfull and popular in life but i fear HH is holding me back too much

my question is does anyone here have full body and im talking crazy facial sweats, which are by far the worst and palmar, feet and underarms dont even come close, HH and is still succesfull, lives a normal life, socially able, has a family, kids,works in a office ?? aka normal

I'm struggling to see how this all can be achived while suffering from HH !
Any response is apprecited
M.R

to medlam & others:

i deeply sympathize with your excruciating experiences brought by this horrible HH condition. no doubt that it diminished your life to a great extent. you feel totally trapped and useless. yet i feel upset whenever i visit HH forums like this where sufferers feel more devastated from what cancer or AIDS or palsy, etc. patients are experiencing..

i want to inform that i am embracing you all with understanding because we are all struggling in the same HH boat. we are all affected at different levels, and devastated at varying degrees. yet we are all struggling for one objective: to free ourselves from suffering. But as I gain more understanding about this condition, I tried to distinguish those things which I can control or change from those I cannot. From this stemmed out acceptance for the things we simply cannot control. This I believe is the better attitude to view hyperhidrosis in the right perspective.

Hyperhidrosis is a physical system DISORDER, anxiety associated with hyperhidrosis is a psychological STATE. The two are different, entirely separate. Anxiety is considered to be a reaction to a stressor. That means anxiety is related to hyperhidrosis as a situation perceived as uncontrollable or unavoidable. Anxiety is related to excessive sweating but not its origin or cause. Sweating seems uncontrollable while anxiety has a chance to be controlled. Getting psychological assessment or taking stress management and enlightenment course will alleviate the anxiety. This advisory forms part of sticky homepage of my weblog.

please do not hesitate to contact me also to my weblog HYPERHIDROSIS ENLIGHTENMENT FORUM for more inquiry and enlightenment.

landon

Sprawling, Fibromyalgia sounds pretty terrible. I didn't think there was a chronic condition worse than HH, guess I'm wrong. How are you able to live with both of these diseases?

Sprawling

Sprawling, Fibromyalgia sounds pretty terrible. I didn't think there was a chronic condition worse than HH, guess I'm wrong. How are you able to live with both of these diseases?

I've had HH for most of my sweaty life. If I was to choose between HH and the Fibromyalgia, I'd choose the HH any day. Each brings a certain pain, yet the fibro pain which is physical in nature is unbearable at times. HH impacted on my career choices, Fibro knocks me out physically where I can not work, hike, cycle, or do the things I once enjoyed. I'm in my 50's now and had to resort to living with family and friends.

Fibromyalgia affects my HH at times making it worse. Each seems to affect the central nervous system making me defective. Despite all, I still manage to make new friends, and for the most part people are supportive to the degree that they can comprehend. It's easier to explain hh to people rather than listen to lots of useless advice by meaningful folks on how to cure fibro.

medlam

Still no real answers, who here with full body HH is successful, through work or education ? I know success is difficult to describe but I'm looking for those that overcame or controlled HH and diddn't let it prevent them from achieving there goals.

Really in need of help/advice I need to do something drastic because i cant let this bastard HH dictate anymore of my life !!!

Knickerless

I have suffered from full body HH for ten years now and I have not let it rob me of very much at all... maybe the odd day out with family or friends when I just could not face the painful games of beating the sweat but relatively not much at all. I am 29 this year.

I have a decent job, wonderful girlfriend and good friends. I have not told anyone about the extent of my HH but I am a master of covering it up. I refuse to give into a condition which I could very easily see ruining my entire life. you only get one life and you have to make the most of it. Sure HH and anxiety are ****ing horrible but its those moments I have when I am calm, the sweat has stopped (Glyco or booze to thank!) and the wind is blowing cool on my back that I think life is really not that bad.

HH will only destroy you if you let it, in ten years I think I have been called out for being soaked in sweat less than half a dozen times and when I have been I had my excuses ready! (I ran here, I have flu and a temperature etc). It's your choice but for me personally it would be a terrible waste of a life to throw everything away and live it locked away in my room, I won't let that happen.

Heres a good example. This week after 1 year of success I got a new batch of Glyco and it doesnt appear to be working. Today, I will go get another prescription, pick up a new batch and firstly hope its something there. If not I question if it is the recent bug I have had and hope that ehn it goes it was that. If not I will go back to my colsultant and demand the next drug to try, in the passing period I will stop drinking booze, run everyday, stack with all I think helps as this will give me hope and strength. What I am getting at is the moment you give in you lose and I see myself as the Charlie Sheen of HH.... Winning!!! That might sound absurd but it is this self-belief that today will be just fine thats keeps me going.

Good luck all, I know it's ****, but life can be **** and its only you who can make it better.

Be strong.

KNick

Last edited:

metal82a

I first noticed HH around 13 or so and have had it all except for the facial part till i was 33. I've been lucky with Robinul, it has worked a miracle for me with minimal side effects. Of course that gave me more confidence and changed my personality for the better. Though i always had a GF, i was never really comfortable around others. But story though is this, a group of guys I was talking to a few years ago kept talking about on of there good friends who was a HH sufferer. They didn't care, they just made a few stupid jokes about his sweating but he was still part of a good group of friends. They made it sound like the HH sufferer didn't really care either. I guess if you accept your situation in life you can still be happy. If you make yourself miserable then, you will be miserable. I guess you can compare yourself to a quadripalgic or someone horrible disfigured in a car crash. They would gladly trade places with you. I know it's hard to see it that way, and I couldn't see it that way before the Robinul but that my story anyways.