Questions for those with Hidrex

paidinfull

I'm thinking about buying the Hidrex GS400 (i prefer direct current).. i searched as much as I could around the forums but still had some questions..

i have had success with a homemade iono before but i'm unable to repeat that success. Not sure if its issue with the battery, wire, or something wrong with the pans or what but I'm looking to invest in this machine for long term success.

I have hyperhidrosis in my palms and feet only.. I never used the homemade iono on my feet but i stopped sweating on my feet when i had stopped sweating on my palms so there is some sort of link there.. i've heard other people on the forums have the same thing..

Anyways, i had some questions about the hidrex:
1) How does the polarity switching work? On my homemade iono i had to switch the alligator clips around every 15 min to change the polarity.. but how is it controlled with the Hidrex?
2) I've read that you can have success within 10-15 days after using it for 15 min a day everyday - but how long does that last and what is a successful maintenance schedule you have found?

I'll be in Miami on vacation in March for Ultra Music Festival and would really like this problem to be cleared by then (I have over 2 months)

Thanks guys..

hoplaba

I don't think that device is a problem.. but you could try.. it just happens that ionto stops working for some reason. Hidrex or any other device just push electrons trough your body I dont see why would it be different,for any device.

paidinfull

I don't think that device is a problem.. but you could try.. it just happens that ionto stops working for some reason. Hidrex or any other device just push electrons trough your body I dont see why would it be different,for any device.

You are right... i am going to try the homemade ionto again today when I get home... i remember the 2nd time i tried i no longer felt that tingling sensation when you put your hands in.. but when i tried a 3rd time, i did feel it, but i did not stick with it because i did not have the time..

I'm still interested in the Hidrex since it's more safer than my 2 12v batteries I hook up together..

Last edited:

hoplaba

Im experiencing the same problem.. I had ionto works fine a year then suddenly in May last year it stopped working.. from that moment I can't get it work anymore.. I get some results here and then but never as it use to be :(

Sprawling

Why would you want to spend so much money on a Hidrex when you can get a pulsed "Galvanic Stimulator" for about $150. The end results are the same.

I've been having difficulty with my treatments being consistent do to Fibromyalgia. It's possible something in your body is interfering with treatment? What's changed in a years time?

paidinfull

Hi Sprawling,

Thank you for your reply. I'm going through your other thread about the galvanic stimulator and it sounds really promising. I found a couple that come with AC adapters which I assume is better than using the 9v battery (I was using 12v when I had success the first time with ionto)

Ultra-G Digital Galvanic Stimulator w/ Battery and AC Adapter
Ultra-G Digital Galvanic Stimulator

With this unit, to switch polarities, do I have to stop mid treatment and switch the leads that are connected to the pans? And which alligator clips would you recommend to attach to the leads?

And I don't think there is anything interfering with my body. I'm not taking any medications nor have I moved so the water I am using is the same.

I just bought some new aluminium pans - the ones I were using before looked like they had been really zapped and maybe that was affecting my treatment. I am going to buy a multimeter today and see if maybe the lantern batteries I am using are out of juice.