Questions for the guys... Please answer them for me.

Youg

First these (weird) questions. Can you please answer them, to copy paste the questions/numbers and put your answers behind them? You don't have the read the text after these questions. Just if you're curious. ;)

Questions:
1a. Did your mom, grandmother or any other elder woman ever wore/borrowed some clothes of you? For example: your mom borrowed your jacket or sweatshirt when it was cold outside. Or she borrowed your shoes when she had to take the garbage outside. Just random examples...
1b. If something like this ever happened, can you tell what?
1c. What is/or would be, your reaction:
- you don't care.
- wash these clothes.
- throw them away / never wear them again.
- something else.

Slightly different:
2a. Do you ever have to wear certain clothes that are being used by other people including older women? Examples: overalls, work shoes, supermarket clothing, raincoats, etcetera.
2b. If something like this ever happened, can you tell what?
2c. What is/or would be, your reaction:
- you don't care.
- wash these clothes.
- something else.

3. What's your age?

Story:
These are maybe total weird questions, but then again: OCD is weird. Oh yeah, I'm an almost 27 year old male (highly sensitive, insecure and full of doubt for some reason) to give you an idea. The last year, my most persistent form of OCD is that I'm getting totally repulsed/obsessed with the idea of older women wearing my clothes or I have to borrow theirs in some situation. These ideas totally nauseate me and I don't know why. I have nothing against older women at all, and I deeply, deeply love my mom and grandmother. And I even love my mother in law. :D I have no problems with giving them hugs or kisses on the cheeks, but for some reason the idea, they might wear my clothes when I'm not looking totally wrecks me. Whenever I think this is the case, or in some way my clothes are contaminated: I almost get panic attacks. I become nauseous and full of fear, that I maybe contaminate other clothes. My heart starts pounding heavily. I sleep bad, I cannot eat anymore. etcetera.

These thoughts first occurred when I was about nine years old. My grandmother came and babysit my younger brother and me, and in the afternoon she would take a nap in me or my brothers bed. When I found this out it bothered me. I told my mom and she told my grandmother to use her bed instead. About a year ago it all came back in the form of OCD. Some random examples of this OCD:

- I threw away a chair I got from my girlfriends parents, after I found out it used to be the chair of my girlfriends grandmother.
- I bought a new suitcase (dec. '08) and a new backpack (may '09), just to make sure I was the only person to have ever use them, and my mother couldn't have used it in the past (like maybe other suitcases at my parents home).
- Whenever I'm at my parents or grandmothers house I hide my jacket, just to make sure no-one can wear it.
- I refuse to apply for jobs where there is a big chance I have to use clothes that are being used by other people: overalls, laboratory coats, working boots or company raincoats to name a few.
- I always put my gym clothes in a 'clean' plastic bag, before I put it in my backpack.

I can write pages and pages of other examples, but I think you catch my drift. I threw away many many clothes after they felt contaminated. I'm getting quite sick of it...... Also, all the paranoia. :(

Thanks if you want to answer the above questions! ;)

cheers,

Youg

IDK94657

Questions:
1a. Did your mom, grandmother or any other elder woman ever wore/borrowed some clothes of you? For example: your mom borrowed your jacket or sweatshirt when it was cold outside. Or she borrowed your shoes when she had to take the garbage outside. Just random examples...
1b. If something like this ever happened, can you tell what?
1c. What is/or would be, your reaction:
- you don't care.
- wash these clothes.
- something else.
Well, I don't have the same problem as you but if they let the jacket touch certain parts of the house, then yes. Usually I don't mind, I'll just have them wash them (because of the OCD, it makes it easier on my mind), and then everything is alright.

Slightly different:
2a. Do you ever have to wear certain clothes that are being used by other people including older women? Examples: overalls, work shoes, supermarket clothing, raincoats, etcetera.
2b. If something like this ever happened, can you tell what?
2c. What is/or would be, your reaction:
- you don't care.
- wash these clothes.
- something else.
Nothing really. Maybe sandals if my shoes were dirty or they felt like washing them, but that's very rare and when it happens I'm okay. My feet are fairly dirty anyways, so I don't care.

3. What's your age?

And I don't have the same reasons, but I feel the same sense of contamination with stuff. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Nack

Banned
That's just going over the top...OCD to the extreme. I don't care whether my grandma/ma/grandpa/etc. wear any of my stuff, as long as i don't have to wear their underpants i'm a happy man.

dooby-duck

I can understand this. If anyone borrowed my clothes I would have to have them washed before I wore them again. No one ever has borrowed them though so I might not wear them again if they had.

I occasionally have to wear gloves at work that have been worn before. I wear them but would wash my hands afterwards. It would only be family members that had worn them before though. I don't have any intense feelings from it.

I have always avoided sitting on chairs that family friends etc have sat on in my house, and feel slightly anxious if other people have sat on my car seats. I do hate it when a seat is still warm if I have to sit on it. The worst thing for me is if someone sits or lies on my bed. I don't tell them to get off but it makes me uncomfortable.

Last edited: