Questions about suicide?

Kanon

A lot of people that say, "suicide is not the answer" or whatever, are usually happy or hanging on to something that makes them happy. They will say, "your family and friends will miss you, and whatever" but what about a person that doesn't have that? How do you convince that person not to? Should you even convince that person not to? Also, people will say, "there are people with way worse problems than you, and they are surviving" but why are "those people" that have it "way worse" still "surviving"? do they have something that anyone can get? and how do you obtain it?

i'm not trying to be morbid or anything, just thought i'd ask.

silentbutdeadly

I don't know if I have a direct answer for your question, but my good friend killed himself last year. I can tell you that the one thing I learned from that is that killing yourself is never the best option you have. A lot of people who kill themselves think that nobody cares about them, and in most cases it's probably not true. Just because the people around them don't always show that they care doesn't mean that they don't care.

I wish I had more to say about it right now, but I'm not really thinking very clearly right now.

(EDIT: I just now noticed that my avatar is pretty inappropriate as far as what we're talking about goes. *shrug* heh, oh well)

lyricalliaisons

I almost killed myself a year ago, but luckily, I didn't. I'd been deeply, deeply suicidal for a VERY long time & just couldn't deal with it anymore. Luckily, I got help. My SA's very severe, so it took more strength than I thought I even have to even begin the process of getting help, but I did it, & I'm gad I did. I was put on meds that got rid of my suicidal thoughts & made me feel much better about living in this world. My life still sucks, I still have no life, my SA hasn't improved, but the horrible thoughts & feelings are gone.

Killing yourself is not an option. It shouldn't be, anyway. It's the absolutely the worst thing a person can do. If you haven't gotten help, you should. It doesn't work with everybody, & it might even take a while, but it's worth a try. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself & the only reason I'm still alive. I'm glad I'm alive, even if no one else in this world would care if I'm not here, I'm glad that I still am.

jcsmit

When i use to have thoughts of killing myself i would go to a safe place away from knives guns ledges ect. And just listen to music with my eyes closed concentrating inward. It is a great way to calm down and prevent yourself from making a rash decision.

However probably the best thing you can do is go see a "shrink"

I am so glad i did that. He put me on some drugs which eliminated thoes thoughts from my mind. It's nothing scary or brain alternating in fact you can't even really notice. Just one day you look back and realize you've been happier since you started, you realize that you'ver come to embrace even the smallest of good moments and are able to confidently confront the bad ones.

Nothing is permanent, everyone and everything is temporary.

Bad Company said:
Some people say I'm no good
laying in my bed all day
but when the night times comes I'm ready to rock
and roll my troubles away
I don't care if the sun don't shine
I know I'm gonna see it through
I don't care what nobody says
I'm tell you what I'm gonna do

I'm gonna live for the music
give it everything you got
live for the music you know you're gonna find a lot
to ease my mind

now you may say I'm a mean mistreater
say I never treat you right
but sooner or later I'm gonna get to ya , baby
I don't wanna fuss and fight
hey baby gimme good lovin
do it to me all night long
any old thing gonna make me happy
long as I can sing my song

I'm gonna live for the music
give it everything you got
live for the music you know you're gonna find a lot
to ease my mind

JonnyD

by the outside viewer there's nothing more selfish than suicide, even if you're alone and have nothing it's the easy way out, if you do nothing with your life , you still have it to do something - what about those people that want to live and don't have the freaking chance!

Everyone who have seriously thought about suicide should see the guy on this post No arms, no lags, no worries

but for the suicidal person you have to do better then it, it's their feelings that are wrong, SUICIDAL THOUGHTS ARE ABNORMAL , theire a mix of situation and illness!

i've been in a situation where i thought my life wasn't worth living, even then i couldn't think of ending myself like this...

rafeeq

Perhaps you are familiar with the saying:

[1 said:
]The coward dies a thousand deaths, the courageous man only one.

The meaning of this saying is that a coward who avoids the "dangers" of the world, whether real or imagined, will suffer all his life from his cowardice, whereas a brave person may pay the ultimate price (death), but will have a better quality of life.

Suicide can be an act of cowardice or courage depending on the situation one is in. For people who are suffering on a daily basis from an incurable problem are doing an act of courage because because they have no other way out (and there may be no life after death too).

On the other hand if you have not explored every avenue of treatment or are lazy about finding a solution then suicide is not just an act of cowardice, but also of laziness.

Since you are posting in the shyness forum, I can tell you that there are studies wherein people have been "cured" from shyness[2] therefore I am not totally sure if a shy person is justified in committing suicide.

I cannot speak for everyone but I have to admit to being very lazy about tackling my shyness. In fact I am 23 years old and this is the second time I have joined this forum under a different username and I have only contributed 10 posts in total. :(

Thanks for reading. :p

--------------------

1. A.C Graying, The Meaning of Things.
2. B.J Carducci Ph.D, Shyness: A Bold Approach.

Birdman

People do miss you when you do commit suicide, but thats the only time they miss you. When you are alive they dont miss you. but once your gone they will be crying what a good person you were.

getbornagain

I've had friends die. At the funeral everyone acts like they care so much, and that they loved so and so and how big a tragedy this is. Then a week or two later everyone has already moved on with their lives. They are forgotten. That's how this world is, it never stops going forward whether you're a part of it or not. That's why you must carefully think about what you're throwing away when you're dealing with suicide.

Yes people will cry for you, think about you and miss you for about a week. Then life will go on, without you.

You might as well keep fighting and try to achieve whatever it is you wanted in life. I know it's hard, I say to myself how I'd love to just die in my sleep tonight all the time. But in the end it'd be so much better to achieve the goals and dreams I had in the past. You must keep pushing.

pyletta

Suicide

A friend of mine committed suicide in my house. I was so shocked. I couldn't understand the reason behind it. She had everything to live for, but she had recently lost her job and partner.

I was told two things about suicide: one, it is impulsive. Because I believe that most suicides if they survive will regret attempting suicide. Two, you will never understand why someone wants or will commit suicide.

I replay that day in my head on a daily basis and try as I might I just dont' get it. I can understand wanting a release from the pain and suffering or whatever someone may term it, but the actual act is just incomprehensible.

lonley

I did this mistake too :(

I did this mistake and swallowed some 50 or 60 pills which i choosed carefully from internet so there were no chances that i could survive but unfortunately i survived. i said unfortunately because if i was dead it was ok but surviving will make it worst. I lost health i have a very thin and skinny face now which makes me look so ugly etc...