Question to Robinul Users

hyperxtechie

I'm currently taking robinul only on some days I need or go to a social event. Currently, it is only effective if I take it and not eat anything for the next 6 hours or so. This is the reason why I don't take it every day because I feel weak with no food in my system. The medication is also expensive.

For other people taking robinul, how do you take it and when is it effective? Since I am taking it only once in awhile, do you think it will work with food if I take it every day? Like does it take a few days to kick in with food? Thanks in advance for sharing =)

cdogg1

Yea thats what I have been doing, just taking it when I need it. I usually take my 1 2mg tablet early in the morning around 5am or 6am and I good for the rest of the day (dry all over). I'd actually prolly be good for the a day and a half, because I think I have a very slow metabolism...so i guess it just depends. I usually don't eat breakfast anyway, so the "time duration" for when i take does matter for me really. If i do want to eat something tho for some reason, I usually wait at least 2 hours to eat anything after I take it and Im fine (still effective). I saw that somewhere that the general rule is that u take it an hour before u eat anything, and two hours after u eat something if u want to wait a take it.

cm123

I believe the scale is 2hours before eating or 3 hours after eating for the most effective results. Also, have you tried the generic robinul to save money?

margiehope

I agree with cdogg--1 hour before eating, or 2 hours after. This isn't something I just think, it's what the pharmacy I get my meds from says. Anything more, before or after, would be really awkward.

hyperxtechie

How severe is your sweating and where do you sweat at? Mine is pretty severe, when I went for botox shots in the palms, Dr said mine was the most severe case he had. Hands start dripping if I don't wipe em after a few mins.

So the only way I got this to work was to not eat anything the whole first part of the day. So I wouldn't eat anything until about 4PM. And does food effect the medication? Because it seems it lasts longer if I don't eat or just eat less than if I were to have a big meal around 4PM it wouldn't last the whole night.

Yes, I get the Generic Robinul which is Glycoporrolate or something. It costs me $50 for (60) 1mg tabs.

margiehope

Well, we all have to do what works for us. For some other reasons, I couldn't go that long without food. If you can, and it helps the meds work, go for it.

cm123

How severe is your sweating and where do you sweat at? Mine is pretty severe, when I went for botox shots in the palms, Dr said mine was the most severe case he had. Hands start dripping if I don't wipe em after a few mins.

So the only way I got this to work was to not eat anything the whole first part of the day. So I wouldn't eat anything until about 4PM. And does food effect the medication? Because it seems it lasts longer if I don't eat or just eat less than if I were to have a big meal around 4PM it wouldn't last the whole night.

Yes, I get the Generic Robinul which is Glycoporrolate or something. It costs me $50 for (60) 1mg tabs.

Do you have insurance? It should cover the medicine further if you do....

Also, food does effect glyco. You should take it 2 hours before eating or 3 hours after eating depending on your metabolism. Do some test to see what works best for you.

My sweating is terrible. Sweat was dripping my hands when I tried botox as well. I got it done at Dermatology School and they gave it to me as study for the students studying dermatology to learn from. According to the main doctor mine was also "the worse they had seen".

My sweating is mainly from my hands and feet. Followed by my buttocks and then back. On occasion face and lastly armpits. It can be impossible to function at times.... :confused:

sam008

hi i havnt tried robinal or anything else as iv only just heard of all these meds that stop you sweating and it sounds like a dream,what is the difference in Generic Robinul and robinul ? and whats the difference in cost and where do i buy them ........................thanks alot