Psychotherapy: it's what they want to give me

Originally Posted by redski
I remember a saying from a movie. It was something like:
"The best therapist is the one inside ourselves..."

have you looked into Cognitive Behavior Therapy or Buddhism? They echo what redski mentioned.

theblank

have you looked into Cognitive Behavior Therapy or Buddhism? They echo what redski mentioned.

I have tried CBT in the past and that has helped a little. I have not tried Buddhism specifically, but have tried Buddhist type meditation. That helps a little too. Unfortunately nothing seems to solve my problems to the point where they don't overwhelm me.

Last edited:
Sounds like Robert needs to talk to someone about the way he feels before he does himself fatal harm. 'Robert' has had these self harming urges from a very early age and the longer he leaves his feelings untreated the worse it will get, filling up like a balloon. His life seems pretty messed up, maybe he should move away, he should see his doctor and tell them he's worried for his safety. If you know Robert please get in touch with the social services.Tinnitus Cures

theblank

Sounds like Robert needs to talk to someone about the way he feels before he does himself fatal harm. 'Robert' has had these self harming urges from a very early age and the longer he leaves his feelings untreated the worse it will get, filling up like a balloon. His life seems pretty messed up, maybe he should move away, he should see his doctor and tell them he's worried for his safety. If you know Robert please get in touch with the social services.Tinnitus Cures

Thanks for your useless and idiotic reply. Grow up!!!

theblank

Well I finally got the nerve to quit going to my therapist. I went to him for over 8 months and knew that he was the wrong therapist for me from day one. I should have said something earlier, but I didn't. Instead I stuck it out hoping it would get better, but it didn't. He was by far the worst therapist I ever had in my life, but when I was telling my psychiatrist (who oversees the therapist) I wanted someone else I covered my cowardice by saying he was a "good therapist", and I just needed a change. I cannot believe those words came out of my mouth. Good therapist? Unbelievable. I am such a wimp!

Darryl

G'day theblank,

Do you feel like you have made progress?

IMHO I think you have going by what I have read.
Sure, you have been let down by the pysch's but you seem to be taking something away from your sessions.

You started off staying with your first pysch for a short period of time and the last one for 8 months, this looks to be a good sign.

I believe your detirmation is pushing you to find your answer, even after the disappointments, you get back up and push forward.

How can you not find your answers, it's only a matter of time.

Darryl

theblank

Do you feel like you have made progress?

Thanks for asking.

It's hard to say if I've made progress or not, but just having someone to talk to about my issues has been helpful. Since the time I've started this thread I've had 5 different therapists (not including the psychiatrist) and am about to start with the sixth one soon. It may be getting ridiculous, but I am determined to figure something out before I say **** IT ALL and end my life. No one knows how to help me and it's frustrating, but I am trying.

Ironically, in my therapy sessions social anxiety isn't even near the top of the list of things I am dealing with. Right now major depression is number one.