Psychological cause/upbringing

hyp-hi

I had a good childhood. I can remember actually being outgoing and worry free. I didn't develop HH until later on in my teens.

Sprawling

My first remembrance of HH was walking into my 1st grade classroom. I just moved from a different town and school started several weeks or so before. Home life seemed fine, always spent time with both mom and dad. I remember feeling fine in kindergarten.

That first grade experience was like a nightmare. The sweat just came pouring out of my hands and continued throughout. I wishmI had an ionto machine during those times.

Jezza

Ok, thanks...

Mind you I would have previously said it couldn't be an issue myself a while back as I didn't want to accept certain negative things happening in my close family. I think psychologists would say that the subconscious denial of those stressful things might turn into physical sweating/high bloodpressure etc. Some also say that young infants already pick up on the emotional state of their parents and it affects them as well

I don't know really, it could be totally unrelated or just be one factor instead of cause-->consequence.

So I guess if a bunch more people could chime in that'd be great...

margiehope

Like everything else about this dumb condition, I think "it depends". I had a fair number of stresses in my childhood (moved a lot, parents not that happy, and so on) but didn't develop HH until middle age. So who knows?

juan_sa

i was always nervous and shy as a child, rarely talked to people. parents fought, mom chained smoked dad was an alcoholic. then in my late teens my dad killed himself.

sweatz

hi there,
I guess psychological upbringing may have an impact to my hyperhidrosis. I used to be an outgoing kid but then I got bullied in junior high. That period messed up my self esteem real bad, and during 2nd year of high school my HH started to kick in, ruining my life even more up till now

Ladystardust

I think in my case it was my upbringing my parents were not very social people. we rarely had people round sometimes my mother sister or my fathers brothers came to visit. They did not however talk to me much we did not go out as family and i spent a lot of time on my own as a child i was the youngest. My mother rejected me as a child she wanted a boy when i was introduced to children at nusery i was scared they were so noisy! I was a very quite child and remained so. I do not know if my father had friends if he did he never bought them home my mother had only one friend who did not speak to me when we visited. So no wonder i have problems with people.

sweatz

hi stardust, I also had a rather similar childhood to yours. My parents don't have a lot of friends and I rarely socialize when I was a little boy

JP81

I was hugely shy as a child (still am) but had a good and comfortable upbringing. I didn't really notice HH until my late teens/early twenties. Actually I didn't even know there was a name for the condition until I was about 23!