Proposals for the new year

April72

Let's see:

• stop smoking
• loose weight
• being moré sociable
• being moré constant in my French lessons
• remember all these points in 2016 list. Lol!

I'm remember when I use to write this kind of lists, i put the list in an apple and then, I buried the apple. No, it was a moré serious list than the above.
I really needed some things in my life.
Luckily, I got them.

What's your list?

April72

make sure i speak more english cuz i'm forgetting how lol

Well, this is one of the reason why I write in an English speaking forum. And I have English speaking online friends.
Do you speak other languages? French, perhaps. I could practise it with you.

Last edited:

Aylaa

The usual lose weight :p
Find a job (but that's not really a new year's resolution but something I HAVE to do)
Be kinder to myself
Forget about the ******* who broke my heart.

Well, this is one of the reason why I write in an English speaking forum. And I have English speaking online friends.
Do you speak other languages? French, perhaps. I could practise it with you.

Have you seen this topic?
http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/anyone-from-france-or-interested-in-a-language-exchange-60119/

Last edited:

April72

Thank you, Aylaa!
I will have a look.

I'm sorry that someone broke your heart.
And I wish you luck in finding a work. I don't know if it's difficult to find a job in your country. Mine one is really difficult. There are moré than 6 millions people unemployers. The single idea that thinking that I would have to go to an job interview gets the hell out of me.

Aylaa

Thank you, Aylaa!
I will have a look.

I'm sorry that someone broke your heart.
And I wish you luck in finding a work. I don't know if it's difficult to find a job in your country. Mine one is really difficult. There are moré than 6 millions people unemployers. The single idea that thinking that I would have to go to an job interview gets the hell out of me.

Thank you. Job interviews scare me as well, but I haven't even gotten that far yet :/ The hardest part for me is writing the application. I'm trying to take a "whatever's meant to be will happen" approach to the interviews. It's only normal to be nervous before a job interview, but if I feel too uncomfortable somewhere, chances are I'll feel uncomfortable working there, too, so it's okay if I don't get the job.

I think I'm well on my way in getting over the broken heart, but what it's done to my confidence will take longer to heal :( It feels more like a lost friendship now, except we weren't really friends, either. Telling myself he's not worth it only makes me angry with myself that I'm still thinking about him. Especially because we were never even together, I feel pathetic.
I would have been fine just being friends, but I wasn't even good enough for that. I don't know why he bothered keeping in touch at all if I'm nothing to him.

Last edited:

NamiraWilhelm

Well I won't call them new years resolutions since they never last!

But I do want to get some things sorted

I too want to get over the heartbreak that currently consumes me, and stop thinking about that man as much as I do
Lose a little weight and maintain it
Take up exercise
Improve my diet
Take better care of myself and my appearance
Make strides in overcoming anxiety and implementing self-compassion to my life
Improve my social circle