Propanolol

whattodo1

my doctor just prescribed me propanolol for my social anxiety. I haven't tried it yet. frankly i am scared to be dissapointed as i am afraid it wont work and I will have to go on another painful trip to the doctor to talk about my problem which makes me feel very embarassed.
This is actually the first medication i have ever got for my social anxiety.
I am not sure the doctor really understood my problem.. I read online about propanolol and apparently it is used for stage fright. Yes, I am scared to talk infront of my class for example. But I just really need help to talk to people. I think I might have selective mutism. Will propanolol help my problem or was i prescribed the wrong medication?
Any answer would be helpful thank you

my doctor just prescribed me propanolol for my social anxiety. I haven't tried it yet. frankly i am scared to be dissapointed as i am afraid it wont work and I will have to go on another painful trip to the doctor to talk about my problem which makes me feel very embarassed.
This is actually the first medication i have ever got for my social anxiety.
I am not sure the doctor really understood my problem.. I read online about propanolol and apparently it is used for stage fright. Yes, I am scared to talk infront of my class for example. But I just really need help to talk to people. I think I might have selective mutism. Will propanolol help my problem or was i prescribed the wrong medication?
Any answer would be helpful thank you

I use this, it helps to reduce the physical symptoms of anxiety. Without it I can feel wound up, edgy, almost buzzing inside, shaky and find it hard to concentrate. Give it a go and see, I had to increase the dose, with doc permisson, before it became effective

GoBlue72

I took it for awhile. It's a beta-blocker used a lot for high blood pressure, but works for symptoms of anxiety as well. I remember it helping, I think with feeling lightheaded or blushing and that kind of stuff. Hope this helps.