Prom is in less than 2 weeks, extremely nervous!

csi226

A coworker invited me to her high school senior prom as friends. I am in my first year of college so there isn't much of an age difference. I said yes, because I figured, she just really wanted someone to go with her and Prom only happens once, blah blah blah. Anyways, we are pretty good friends at work, but I'm worried that I won't really fit in because I am really shy around people I don't know ( I don't know anyone in the group but her) Also, I've never really hung out with girls outside of work.. I didn't go to my prom/wasn't much of the partier back in high school either. The last dance I went to was in seventh grade, and surprise surprise, I didn't dance... how can I make the night fun for her without it being awkward on her, the group, and me? Any tips/advice?

Also, I kind of like her, but I know she just wants to go as friends, so I'm constantly reminding myself that we are going just as friends. Like I said, I've never hung out with girls outside of work, never had a gf, etc... any advice on this issue? Honestly, I was kind of surprised that she asked me...

Finally, when we did hang out once after work recently, it was really weird, like the conversations wouldn't flow the same way they would at work... what can I do to try and fix this? Also, I don't know how to dance... and the prom is in less than 2 weeks and she asked me a few days ago... I'm not worried about slow dancing, it's the fast dancing I'm worried about...

Thanks for the advice,

Well as far as this situation goes, i was in the xact same one. Well, except the dancing part, cuz i can cut a lil rug. lol. But the most I can tell u is to breathe throughout the whole night. Take long deep breaths when u feel urself starting to get anxious. That conversation thing outside of work will happen because u have feelings for her and u might not know how to express them properly. Just try to think about it as any other day, and when the time comes, just do what ur mind tells u without giving it a second thought. The girl that took me to her prom didnt have the "best" time there, but she cud see that I was trying, and she even told me she liked me a lil after that. But it didnt really go anywhere and that was mainly my fault. lol. So just be urself man and i know that that sounds like a broken record, but its really the only thing u can do u kno...

csi226

Gio, just curious, why didn't it go anywhere?? And, what should I do about the fast dancing issue? lol

It didnt go anywhere because of my own problems, like my SA and stuff. I just gradually withdrew myself from her and now we hardly even speak. My SA has ruined a lot of potential relationships. lol. About the dancing thing, well dancing is something that I love doing so it wasnt really a problem, and down here in Belize, we dance with the girls back to the guys chest, kinda like grinding 24/7. Maybe make a joke to her about it and see what she says lol

Nack

Banned
For me, i didn't bother with prom at all. I went to the dance before the prom and of course i didn't want to but my friends persuaded me. I figure since im in high school and the year is already ending why not go, so i went. It was so embarassing and akward. Some of my classmates just pulled me to dance, they were girl of course. One thing led to another and i find myself in the center of a circle of people, spinning two girls o_O. Crazy night.