Professional help?

sahxox

I show symptoms of anxiety, depression, sp, avoidant personality disorder, obsessive thoughts etc should I go see a psychologist or a clinical psychologist or what's the difference? Had a gut full after years of fighting on my own. I don't even know what my problem is, just incredibly unstable. I don't wanna turn up to work tomorrow or the next day after having a shitty day today socially - feel I'll only continue to let myself down and humiliate myself. I just ditch myself and sadistically hope to stuff up to justify my insecurities. I did it today and I went completely retarded I just can't deal with the pressure anymore. I don't wanna go back cos I'll be digging myself a deeper hole at the moment this was my worst day ever. I need help, I can't go on like this.
:kickingmyself:

If you feel like you need professional help maybe it'd be best to seek it. I don't know the difference in them.

Bronson99

sahxox,

Just curious, do you also struggle with inattention? Does it seem like its harder than it should be to focus on one thing, particularly something boring?

The point I'm making is that if you try meds and you have undiagnosed ADD, you might be making some things better, and other things worse. This is what happened with me. I was given a medication to improve my social anxiety, it does help a little, but it made my attention problem even worse.

In essence, I've been on the wrong drug for 10 or more years, as I only figured out my inattention problem much later. A lot of antidepressant/anti-anxiety drugs worsen attention span. There are some that can also help with attention a little, and thats what I should have been taking in the beginning. Now, I don't know what to do. Once you've been on one drug for too long, even switching to another is very hard. The option of taking two drugs at once has been suggested, but I don't want that, it's just too much dependency, too much load on your body, IMHO.

sahxox

I don't think so... just have trouble maintaining being me without this depressive cloud consuming me. All these other random disorders I've listed seem to have symptoms that spin-off from this lack of control.
I am also wanting to avoid drugs all together if possible for the same reason - dependency. I want to have a sort of buffer between psychotherapy and drugs (from an initial perspective) for fear that if drugs don't magically work I won't give up hope forever.