Procrastination

AsTimeBurns

Anyone?

I've got so many things that I say to myself I'd like to do, but when it comes down to it I just end up sitting here listening to music and browsing forums, wasting the 4 hours or so after I get home from work, until I just go to bed and repeat the next day.

I even took the drastic measure of uninstalling my most played games on Steam to try and get something done, but now I just browse the forums more instead >.>

LifeInternal88

Hey

I totally understand.
I've tried many things -deleting facebook/bbm; cut off internet; removed TV from my room - all have failed.
These surface changes don't make a difference...which makes me think there's some underlying issue. I don't even think laziness explains it either(maybe partially, but not entirely.

I have not solved the procrastination puzzle.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Yes, all the time. I find writing things down helps, as well as planning specific times when to stop/start doing things. Doing something sometime is a lot easier to put off then doing "X" at "Y" o'clock.

A86

i'll post an answer later

ha-ha

Little things, like calling the power and water company to change my address, which logically, would probably only take 10mins, need up to 72 hours of preparation... as a result a bunch of little tasks that need doing can take forever to get done and I have an overwhelming sensation that there is just not enough time to do it all.

coyote

ha-ha

Little things, like calling the power and water company to change my address, which logically, would probably only take 10mins, need up to 72 hours of preparation... as a result a bunch of little tasks that need doing can take forever to get done and I have an overwhelming sensation that there is just not enough time to do it all.

that would take me, like, six months to get around to (if at all)

i still owe taxes from 2007

coyote

i still get anxious every now and then because i never got that one paper done in english lit class

in 1981

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
i still get anxious every now and then because i never got that one paper done in english lit class

in 1981

It's only a few decades late. I bet you can still get partial credit if you bring a shiny apple too.

MrJones

It's only a few decades late. I bet you can still get partial credit if you bring a shiny apple too.
I would like to see the teacher's face XD

But yes, I procratinate a lot, in every opportunity I have... and I hate it >.<

MikeyC

Massive procrastinator here. I always say, "I want to do this," or "I should be doing that," but I never do. Never happens. I'm actually putting off a really important thing right now because I just have total apathy.

I know what you mean about ending up spending time browsing forums instead of doing what you need to be doing :/

I don't have a real talent for anything in particular. However procrastination is the one thing I can truly say that I am brilliant at! :D

If I wrote all of the things I need to get done (and some have been waiting to be done for several years:rolleyes:) I would fill several pages of a scrapebook. I actually tried writing a list of them in the hope that being able to cross some off would be an incentive to get some done. Didn't work. The list got so long I gave up completing it.::eek::::p:

AsTimeBurns

I'd like to believe mine is just anxiety/depression related, because then I don't have to blame myself, but I think a huge % of it does just come down to laziness really.

For instance, if I really wanted to I could get up and go for a run, but I don't wanna!

Deus_Ex_Lemur

I know what you mean about ending up spending time browsing forums instead of doing what you need to be doing :/

I don't have a real talent for anything in particular. However procrastination is the one thing I can truly say that I am brilliant at!
If I wrote all of the things I need to get done (and some have been waiting to be done for several years:rolleyes:) I would fill several pages of a scrapebook. I actually tried writing a list of them in the hope that being able to cross some off would be an incentive to get some done. Didn't work. The list got so long I gave up completing it

I've done this with the list lol tho not as organized. And my best skill is procrastination! I know you have talent elsewhere though :)

With school, just got into habit of it for so long, thrived off that adrenaline of it honestly, and I always managed to do well.

There's also a thing called productive procrastination: Urban Dictionary: productive procrastination

So not SO bad :D

Kathryn.fr

Lol every day xD I HAVE to write it down to remember even, I forget when I go to sleep. Sucks cuz then everyone keeps reminding me, and then I feel like an idiot "Yeah yeah I know" then forget. Lol.

Nyoron

i'm terrible for this.. everything from school work to making a doctors appointment, it's always 'ah, i'll do it later.. nah it's ok, one week late won't harm'. >< i've been really wanting to set out a schedule for myself to get my life in order and do way more positive stuff instead of being a depressive idiot, but i'm procrastinating with that atm, too. hopefully that'll help, though!