Problems with meds

So here is the deal. I have really bad social anxiety, panic attacks, and depression and before I could ever be correctly medicated I started self medicating. Long story short I finally found benzos and they work great for me, but because of my drug history no docs want to give them to me. They want me to take an anti depressant and buspirone, or vistaril. Well when i take those i get really quirky, or sleepy sometimes from the vistaril and then eventually just start using again. So now I'm on methadone because I just moved across the country and when I went to try and get a new doctor for Klonopin 2 out of 2 said Antidepressants and Vistaril, and being bummed out just said **** it and started using heroin(my guilty pleasure) being a "Im trying to be a recovering addict" I didnt want to continue so I got on methadone quickly and off the heroin, but now I'm just on methadone....and still have 50% of the anxiety,depression problems. Which are live with able. Problem is my family despises methadone, and treat me like I might as well just be using heroin. I wish when your honest about your past with a doctor and have no history of abusing benzos( i take about 1 kpin daily at some point, and for some one with ptsd, and the above mentioned problems that doesnt seem unreasonable) they could treat you like a human and not just a drug addict trying to get drugs.....But i guess thats what I am.. So whats the imput?? Methadone and the anti depressants are just going to be the rest of my life?
Anyone else out there have similar problems?

chael5

Man get off that methadone stuff just makes you feel bad take effexers and klonipins and propanenol take these and you will be alright. They got you on some very toxic meds

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

squidgee

So here is the deal. I have really bad social anxiety, panic attacks, and depression and before I could ever be correctly medicated I started self medicating. Long story short I finally found benzos and they work great for me, but because of my drug history no docs want to give them to me. They want me to take an anti depressant and buspirone, or vistaril. Well when i take those i get really quirky, or sleepy sometimes from the vistaril and then eventually just start using again. So now I'm on methadone because I just moved across the country and when I went to try and get a new doctor for Klonopin 2 out of 2 said Antidepressants and Vistaril, and being bummed out just said **** it and started using heroin(my guilty pleasure) being a "Im trying to be a recovering addict" I didnt want to continue so I got on methadone quickly and off the heroin, but now I'm just on methadone....and still have 50% of the anxiety,depression problems. Which are live with able. Problem is my family despises methadone, and treat me like I might as well just be using heroin. I wish when your honest about your past with a doctor and have no history of abusing benzos( i take about 1 kpin daily at some point, and for some one with ptsd, and the above mentioned problems that doesnt seem unreasonable) they could treat you like a human and not just a drug addict trying to get drugs.....But i guess thats what I am.. So whats the imput?? Methadone and the anti depressants are just going to be the rest of my life?
Anyone else out there have similar problems?

How long were you on the antidepressants and vistaril before you stopped using it? It's possible you may not have been using it for long enough for side effects to subside or benefits to become noticeable. Generally it takes at least a couple weeks or up to a couple months for things to really kick in. Either way, I think the best course of action is to go back to a doctor/another suitable medical professional you're comfortable with and voice all your concerns, including previous drug use, asking why they're prescribing these particular drugs, concerns about how your family might perceive you taking them etc. Looking at it from the doctor's perspective, patient safety is of utmost importance to them and they may not want to take risks with certain drugs if studies suggest that certain drugs seem to have an increased incidence of adverse effects. Or maybe they're worried about you potentially using other drugs besides the ones they've prescribed that might lead to harmful drug interactions.

Last edited:

spearhunter

Bro dont use benzos , they are more additive then heroin and can **** you badly. I had some klonopin and never got addicted to it physically but psychologicly i was addicted. My own socially anxious way of thinking, that what would people think of me if I was an addict, stop me from getting addicted to that stuff, and i could get addicted has i had like 12 revewal's on the klonopin.