Potential Date thing tommrow

chris11

I may or may not have something of a date tomorrow. I'm not sure. I told person y about event x, and then y decided that we were going together. y is a very compasionate person, but I'm afraid of somehow ****ing it up. I don't know if I should tell her about my anxiety issue--regardless of whether or not it is supposed to be a date, she clearly wants to get to know me. I think that people who want to get to know me should know that about myself--it's pretty important. I think I could tell her without freaking out, and she most likly wouldn't think less of me for it or anything like that.

I don't know if it's even alright to say something like "if you are wanting to get to know me, I need to tell you something..." "I don't tell many people this, but I've been trying to tell those that I think I can trust, because I think it's important...." Blah blah. I really don't know. She's in a class with me for three hours before I go to anouther class and we go to event x.

What should I even say to avoid awkward silences? Do I just ask her questions? I need advice, please.

surewhynot

I personally don't see any reason to bring up the topic of social anxiety. It's more likely to confuse that person than anything else really. Saying something along those lines just sounds weird. Anyway she will most likely see from hanging out with you that you are more of the introverted type, it's just part of your personality.

Be yourself.

chris11

Wasn't a date: possibly a good thing?
It was a shot animated film screening. The first movie really weireded her out. Half way through the short, she grabbed her bag, smilled at me and said "I'm going to go."

truffleshuffle

Wasn't a date: possibly a good thing?
It was a shot animated film screening. The first movie really weireded her out. Half way through the short, she grabbed her bag, smilled at me and said "I'm going to go."
I don;t know for me I would be other thinking if they left just like that. I mean did you stay or go with her? If you stayed you might have blown something that could have potentioly had. I don;t know I would be over thinking that for days.

chris11

**** it. I don't care anymore. I stayed. It really wasn't a date, someone else came along. I'm never going to be in any kind of relationship. **** it.