Postaphobia

Funkymunky

I keep going to post on here.Maybe starting a new thread or just replying,then either not pressing enter or just deleting it straight away :roll: Anybody else get that?.I decided to try starting this non-heavy thread to ease myself in. :? press enter....dont delete...go go go...

I used to have that, didn't feel comfortable giving advice, or posting a supportive message in case it was taken the wrong way, same with debate posts ect, but gradually it became easier, and now I'm fairly comfortable posting.

Septor

Yep i'm just like that to.I was to affraid to post anything online for 4 years and even now I hesitate to post something.That's why I really don't post that much.

I wonder if they have some silly sounding technical term for postaphobia.:lol:

Chilling__Echo

i think it's like conversations in person. the quicker you jump in and have your voice heard the better.

the first posts are the hardest b/c you don't have a feel for the board and don't really know the people and they don't know you, but after you've been a while, it's ok b/c you know that people will understand where you're coming from. one of the worst things is trying to give advice and then someone misinterprets it as criticism... that's happened to me :(

Remus

Staff member
yeah I do that too

look at my reply and thing "what crap"

I'd say I delete half of what I intend to post

Gloomy

If I get to the point that I have typed out a full message I sure am going to post it! Too much work for me to just throw it away.

Boundless

sometimes i get like that,even have a reply written out,yet dont post it,or delete it all and start again.Ah well never mind eh.

BlackSheep

I hesitate greatly to post and do not post to 95% of the threads that I would like to post to.

Worrydoll, I have noticed that you delete many of your posts. Please don’t delete what you post. I really enjoy and especially look forward to your input and advice on the different topics.

spikefan777

Yeah same here. Sometimes I'll have a topic all typed out and decide that it isn't important enough to post.
Lol, I used to go onto chat rooms and annoy people for fun but now I have a hard time being rude or inmature towards strangers online. I fear rejection from people I don't even know and will probably never even instant message ever again. :oops:

Waybuloo

nope i dont' have much of a prob posting on forums.

i've actually never just gave up on a post i've spent time writing out. i jsut do it. :) even if i think no one will care.

Ahmed

well, i dont really have that, but what i have is after i post , and after like 3-4 days i read again what i posted and start saying to myself, "how could i have posted that, thats so corny" :)

Danfalc

Banned
Yeah i use to have problems posting when i was new to this site... i still get paranoid that ive wrote a load of b*****s sometimes and get tempted to delete stuff.But i dont cos sometimes i look back at some of my old posts and i cringe at what i wrote ... when ive been really miserable and taken it out on someone else.. or when ive been wrapped up in self pitty.I can kinda see how bad i was and that ive goten slightly better... :)

Dave109

Funkymunky said:
I keep going to post on here.Maybe starting a new thread or just replying,then either not pressing enter or just deleting it straight away :roll: Anybody else get that?.I decided to try starting this non-heavy thread to ease myself in. :? press enter....dont delete...go go go...

Yes I'm like this exactly. I have real trouble talking online aswell as offline because I'm so paranoid about what I'm going say. It takes me a very very long time to just write a short reply on a forum or write an email and this just gives me a headache and makes me feel depressed :( . I used to post on forums and use msn all the time but for the past few months I've been having problems in just communicating. I come on this forum almost every day and I'd love to post more but I just can't bring myself to do it. :(

I'll probably end up deleting or editing even this. :cry:

IceLad

Yes, I get this as well. Sometimes I think what I'm about to write is nonsense, so I don't bother at all.

Took me a good few months to post my first comment on this site.

Funkymunky

Postaphobia does exist then (adds it to list) :roll:
It must be a form of self doubt that alot of us have & I even almost never posted about um...never posting.Now it seems like it struck a chord with alot of you guys and i take heart from that,we all should.
Danfalc im totally like that when i feel at my worst mate.I never tell anyone how i really feel,i used to even rose-tint things i said to my psychiatrist!.You make a great point though that you can look back and see if things are any better or worse than then.Dave 109 thats so true!.Sometimes it takes me a whole hour to write an email to someone i really care about.Like i think one badly written email can ruin a whole friendship!!!.Thanks Chilling_echo aswell.I really would like to get to know people better on here because everyone seems really nice and were all in similar circumstances.Being involved in a thread is a good way knowing a wee bit more about people from the replys.Lastly Worrydoll from threads ive looked over in the past everyone seems to really like you,you seem quite guru-esk :p so keep posting hun...Uh-oh one minute i had postaphobia now youll struggle to shut me up :roll: