Please change the 7 post rule

Should the 7 post rule be changed?

• Total voters

HELLO

If you read that someone had a great day or a great job interview and you want to just say "congrats" or "awesome" you can't or you'll use up one of your 7 posts.

There's a million reasons why the 7 post rule isn't a good idea. I'm trying to think of 1 reason why it is a good idea but I can't. If there are or were a few people posting numerous negative posts then I think they should be dealt with individually. To limit the entire membership to 7 posts because a few people were abusing the forum is counterproductive.

Who can change this rule?

thanks

Remus

Staff member
I'm waiting to find out the reason myself and have posted on the moderator forum for the webmasters attention

I dont agree with it either

Toad

Unfortunatly running a site that generates as much traffic as this one costs money...probably quite a bit of it. Traffic can be limited by doing things like putting limits on the posts that can be made. While I don't really have a problem with this since i dont post much, I don't entirely agree with the limit, but I'm not about to start paying this sites bills.

stardog

Is this a 7 posts a day rule?? Cause personally I think 7 posts a day is more than enough, there are always other forums to post on if you're bored! Or you could get off your computer and do something :p

scatmantom

i think its fair to have only 7 a day

It means every1 gets a chance to take part in discussions, rather than a few people who are online all day and get to hijack threads and it becomes like a chat service with 2 people replying to each other for ages.

If people need to say more to each other they should use the PMs and leave the public spaces for public discussions.

I hope they dont change it cos this forum is cool as it is

HELLO

I know it's not the end of the world but... when I find a forum I enjoy and the members seem nice I tend to focus my energy on that 1 place. I have no interest in posting the same topics on all the SP/SA forums.

I admit I do spend more time on the computer than I should but I enjoy it. It's like interacting without having to interact! :eek:

I wonder if I don't use my 7 posts if they carry over to the next day? :?: :D

4myself

Wow, I didnt even know we had a seven post limit now, it shows what a week without a computer can do 8O . I was wondering why it was so quiet here.

The intention of limiting posts is probably so that spammers are limited in how much damage they can do in one day but for members that have proved themselves to be non-threatening, I think the post limit is a little silly.