Pills

mikebird

Banned
That's what I wanna know. I thought I was 'OK' socially until I started these. They are apparently antidepressants

I am bound to take them, or I risk my driving license I rely on heavily.

I reduced phenytoin from scripted 400mg daily gently to 100mg, to make me operable, and get out of a gazing, zombie mode.

I'm searching for a reason why my jobs last between 2 to 3 months, and never any longer

Thanks

Remus

Staff member
My mother is on Epilim for epilepsy, she had to give up her licence.

Seems like a strong set of drugs for social anxiety or depression, maybe get a second opinion or referred to a shrink? The initial drugs the NHS usually pop you on is the SSRI range. They then usually advice CBT. Heavier meds and therapy come much later if that dosnt work.

Last edited:

hoddesdon

The name of the drug is "Epilim", not "Epilum". I know because I have a prescription. I have never taken it because it is insurance if it turns out that epilepsy has not resolved itself after all, despite what the scans say.

The brandname for phenytoin is Dilantin, which I used to take. It does slow cognition. It is not an anti-depressant though. 100 mg is a sub-therapeutic dose, which means it is having no effect. What you are bound to take to keep your driving licence is a therapeutic dose, not a sub-therapeutic one.

Remus

Staff member
UK law must be different from Aus law then, Me, the OP and my mum are brits, hence my advice.

Here you are not allowed to drive when drowsiness is caused through medication. If you do you risk a prison sentence. They are very strict on this. So if the drowsiness has gone Mike with the lower dose, you should be fine and not have to report it to the DVLA.

Last edited: