Picky Eater

BloodFury

Not sure if this should go in the OCD section. Then again, I was also wondering if this was something related to OCD?

I don't eat a lot of foods, as in... almost everything. Okay, maybe not everything... but enough where it's frustrating.

There is a few foods that I eat and prefer to eat only, I can't stand eating any other food. It tastes absolutely horrible.

Favorite Foods: Subs, Asparagus, Steak, and Shrimp.

I like about every Vegetable and Fruit. Seafood is great, and I only eat some meat.

This is actually a bad thing considering I am severely underweight. Some nights I will go without eating dinner and just snack on other foods. Like tonight, we had Frozen Dinners. I think everyone hates them, but its actually starting to progress I think. I am getting where I hate more and more foods. I used to be fine eating Frozen Dinners... now I just refused to eat it.

I just can't eat it, it's like eating burnt food to me.

Any suggestions for my massively picky eating?

Last edited:

luckycharms

Not sure if this should go in the OCD section. Then again, I was also wondering if this was something related to OCD?

I don't eat a lot of foods, as in... almost everything. Okay, maybe not everything... but enough where its frustrating.

There is a few foods that I eat and prefer to eat only, I can't stand eating any other food. It tastes absolutely horrible.

Favorite Foods: Subs, Asparagus, Steak, and Shrimp.

I like about every Vegetable and Fruit. Seafood is great, and I only eat some meat.

This is actually a bad thing considering I am severely underweight. Some nights I will go without eating dinner and just snack on other foods. Like tonight, we had Frozen Dinners. I think everyone hates them, but its actually starting to progress I think. I am getting where I hate more and more foods. I used to be fine eating Frozen Dinners... now I just refused to eat it.

I just can't eat it, its like eating burnt food to me.

Any suggestions for my massively picky eating?

I'm the opposite of you. I can't eat fruits, vegetables, or seafood. If I was forced to I would gag and possibly vomit. The exception to this is potatoes and fruit juices. For fruits and vegetables...it's the texture I can't stand. And seafood I just find disgusting. As a kid I would swallow my corn by washing them down like a mouthful of pills. I tried drinking vegetable juice in an effort to be more healthy and I had an allergic reaction. :rolleyes: I do enjoy the smells of fruits and vegetables.

So yes, I'm left with a limited amount of food choices. I typically love meat, but even that grosses me out from time to time, if I think about it too much.

I have no clue how to fix this problem. I've even tried grinding up veggies to hide in my food, but it didn't work.

BloodFury

I'm the opposite of you. I can't eat fruits, vegetables, or seafood. If I was forced to I would gag and possibly vomit. The exception to this is potatoes and fruit juices. For fruits and vegetables...it's the texture I can't stand. And seafood I just find disgusting. As a kid I would swallow my corn by washing them down like a mouthful of pills. I tried drinking vegetable juice in an effort to be more healthy and I had an allergic reaction. :rolleyes: I do enjoy the smells of fruits and vegetables.

So yes, I'm left with a limited amount of food choices. I typically love meat, but even that grosses me out from time to time, if I think about it too much.

I have no clue how to fix this problem. I've even tried grinding up veggies to hide in my food, but it didn't work.

Kind of frustrating not eating anything for dinner. My mom will get mad at me for not eating anything.

If only I could eat my favorite foods every night.

I guess me, you, and everyone else is stuck with this problem of being a picky eater.

I'm not a vegetarian, because vegetarian's only eat vegetables and fruits.

luckycharms

Well, it is hard when you still live with your parents and have to eat whatever they make. I don't have to worry about that anymore.

I have noticed, like you, that my being a picky eater has only gotten worse as time goes on. But it does go through phases...good and bad.

For me, the hardest part of being a picky eater is trying to nicely decline meals that someone has cooked for you or bought for you because they are unaware of your problem.

BloodFury

It's going to be good and bad whenever I get out of here... I have a lot of phobias. Main ones are below, if anyone has any suggestions for getting rid of these I'd be glad to hear.

List of what will suck.
  • I probably won't have a security system because of money; therefore, I have to worry about burglars 24/7.
  • I probably won't have anyone living with me; therefore, I will be scared ****less 24/7.
  • At night I get scared because of the chance of burglars and fear of ghosts and what not. I have never seen a ghost in my life, but then again... what if?
  • Then I have to worry about spiders and other creepy crawlies.

I really can't keep living like this...

Last edited:

BloodFury

I'd say get a dog....your house is less likely to be burglarized. Although, my house was burglarized even with a dog and a beware of dog sign. :rolleyes:

And you can blame any weird noises in your house on your animal. That's what I do.

Boric acid sprinkled around your house is great for killing bugs, and it's relatively safe.

Don't think I'll remember the Boric Acid in the years to come. I'll get a dog then! Maybe it'll reduce the chance, it will actually make me feel more comfortable since I won't be alone. Inside dog too, have it lay right beside me. :)