Pharmacy.ca, UK, Avert, Taxes

uksam

I'm considering giving Avert a try but am in the UK. I understand that goods from outside the EU over a certain amount may be charged customs and import taxes, and just wanted to check:

If the avert was over the maximum and I was charged additional taxes/duties, would I be sent a letter being asked to pay it before it was delivered, or would they deliver it and ask for payment then. I only ask because I'll be ordering it to university accommodation, so its not like I'd be answering the door to the postman, if that makes any sense. And halls of residence people wouldn't fork over the tax/duty..

Additionally, does anyone have any experience to either reassure me nothing will go wrong, or give me insight into what happens when customs do take a particular liking to your package..?

Thanks!

ps sorry this isn't strictly a HH question, but its HH medication and from what I have seen a lot of people have ordered avert from pharmacy.ca to the UK, so I figured here would be the best place to get the answer

SamOlive

This has been covered a few times, search the forum.

When you have to pay VAT, you don't pay the postman anyway, you have to go to the post office...

SamOlive

I'm in the UK too and got Avert on prescription from a dermatologist at our local hospital x
Did you get it as a NHS prescription or private prescription? I got a private dermatologist to get me the generic version (Glycopyrrolate), but I have to pay for the drug and it costs around £100 per 100, as imported from the US. I would really prefer to pay £7.50 or whatever the standard NHS fee is...

Last edited:

ukchick

Nhs prescription through a dermatologist.Bottle says'glycopyrronium Bromide 1mg', so not sure if it's the same as yours. I waited 6months for hospital appointment and had to try ionto,ionto with liquid Robinal etc etc first.The tablets were the last thing suggested as she said they were expensive but non the less I got that on a repeat prescription from derma at the hospital after trying everything else.

SamOlive

Nhs prescription through a dermatologist.Bottle says'glycopyrronium Bromide 1mg', so not sure if it's the same as yours.
My private dermatologist wrote to my GP to ask him to refer me to a NHS dermatologist... who happened to be the very same dermatologist I saw privately... So it was a lot of paperwork and time for not much.

Anyway, he wrote me a one-year repeat NHS prescription for "Glycopyrronium Bromide 1mg" now, so I am only paying £8.05 now for 200 pills (1mg), instead of £100!! I however have to collect it from the NHS Hospital, as it is special medication. The bottle indicates that it is manufactured in the UK, so not sure why they had to import it from the USA when it was a private prescription.

Last edited: