Person from the past texted me... Why?

Rodney

Alright so I'm trying to figure this out and was wondering if anyone could give me a reason why someone would do this... Okay so I got a text from a person from highschool who I was not very close with but perhaps we were friends in like gr 10-11. I haven't talked to the guy since 1.5 years ago when highschool ended. This is how the convo went:

him: hey
Me: who is this?
him: (name)
Me: O hey. Wuts up?
him: Sup
Me: Nothin lol :|
him: Nothin

I haven't responded yet... I almost want to ask him his last name just incase it isn't the person I think it is and perhaps just a wrong number but I would be way to embarassed if it is infact the guy I think it is... I don't know why he would contact me... It is bothering me and making me feel like possibly he heard something bad about me and how lame I've become (I always feel like people talk shit about me, even though I've lost all contact from everyone from highschool) and now as a prank with some people he has decided to text me. It wouldn't surprise me... people around here are f***ed and would haze people for no reason :( Can't wait to leave this area and live on my own and have a ferret...

This post is pretty pointless, but f*** it, I'm putting it up anyways... I'm not expecting many responses from it.

reslo

maybe i'm naive, but i don't suspect foul play. it sounds like maybe they just were looking through their phone, and thought "oh i haven't talked to this person in awhile- wonder what they're up to."

Sometimes if you look on facebook/myspace, it seems like people have these great lives- with jobs and college and marriage and babies- but that doesn't necessarily mean they're happy or that they still don't feel lonely at times. you never know whats under the surface. So all im saying is you're young, and it's ok to not have everything figured out (im 23 and most of my friends from high school still live at home!)

however, i do relate to the embarrasment of running into people from high school- because if they ask what i've been up to, I can't say "oh, i spend my time sleeping, and watching tv, and not going out very often"

maybe they just miss those carefree 10th grade days

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
however, i do relate to the embarrasment of running into people from high school- because if they ask what i've been up to, I can't say "oh, i spend my time sleeping, and watching tv, and not going out very often"

Yeah, when I spot someone I went to school with at WalMart or something, I break eye contact immediately and zig-zag through the aisles trying to lose them like Pac Man.

I wouldn't read too much into the text, it's probably innocent. Respond in a way you feel comfortable and if things get weird, abort. Like you said, this person isn't a close friend, so if it blows up, no big loss, right?

Sacrament

Asking that question on SPW will surely rid you of all doubts and questions, not asking the person who texted you. Surely.