peoples tone of voice

Dave1989

when talking to strangers ( getting served in a shop etc) does anyone else notice the slightest change in peoples voice? for me i always feel as though people are taking pity on me and speaking to me as if they feel sorry for me :-\. not a nice feeling.

EscapeArtist

Aye me too. I either feel pitied if the person has a very calm, smooth, simmered voice. Or I feel insulted/wonder what I did wrong if there is even a hint of impatience or other things of the like. Hard to live with.

mmmm

Guys, I work in a shop and I have to practice my calm soothing voice because SA has told me all my customers hate me. Maybe your cashiers are Phobes who need a little pity themselves. ;)

Dave1989

its one of the worst parts of sa for me, just as i feel im making plenty of progress, this along with people staring has the ability to knock me back to square one, really frustrating.

Dave1989

Guys, I work in a shop and I have to practice my calm soothing voice because SA has told me all my customers hate me. Maybe your cashiers are Phobes who need a little pity themselves. ;)

haha not a bad way to look at things :)