People with dazzling social abilities

TheRadicalAnxiousLefty

Name some well known people with social skills that you would like to emulate.

Here are my picks:

1. Slavoj Zizek (Slovanian philosopher; very witty, charming, idiosyncratic guy)

2. Bill Maher (stand-up comedian, TV personality; hilariously funny, confident, expert at dry humour, etc)

3. Rachel Maddow (news anchor; fast on her feet, very intelligent, creative, overtly enthusiastic)

4. Matt Taibbi (journalist; PhD in the Art of Insulting, obstinate, confrontational, maverick, playful)

5. Christopher Hitchens (journalist, public intellectual; loquacious, sharp-tongued, articulate, Jedi Master of rhetoric, cynical, very insightful, expert contrarian)

6. Matt Damon (actor; courageous, thoughtful, opinionated, deep-thinking)

7. Ben Mankiewicz (former TYT host; knowledgeable, confident, comfortable with everyone, stylish, charming, funny).

8. Dylan Ratigan (news anchor; bullish, hardheaded, determined, independent, maverick, leader-like qualities)

9. Harry Belafonte (actor, singer, humanitarian; kind, compassionate, full of life, vibrant, profoundly wise, amazing human being)

Last edited:
Slavoj Zizek,yes,I recently just discovered him from reading a slating of the new Tintin movie in the Guardian.He is a most fascinating man.
Cristopher hitchens,well he is the more famous of the two brothers internationally.Peter is an awful reactionary writer for a right wing newspaper.
The others you mention,I haven't really gone beyond the point of recognition for but Matt Damon is surprisingly authentic in what he does.
Ah this is a great post stranger. :)
Phocas is adding to the massiveness. :D

TheRadicalAnxiousLefty

SeniorRedrings,

Ditto. Aside from his position on the Iraq War, I have always had a great deal of admiration for Hitchens.

Zizek just blows me away too. His discourses on ideology, capitalism, and 21st century society are profound and thought-provoking in a way I never imagined. And the level of brutal honesty in his dialogue is just so damn refreshing.

Mokkat

I was very impressed by Michael Moore's interview with Tony Benn, in "Sicko". What a fantastic and wise politician