People that YOU don't understand.

anomicdeer

We're socially challenged but there are others that WE don't even understand if we ever attempt to be social.

I have a boyfriend. He has a sister. Of course we sometimes see each other and talk. Well I won't get into a lot but I will just say what I have in mind. I actually think of it a lot.

Okay, sometimes I make stuff. Or I use to craft. Well his sister is into crafting too and she says I'm creative and that my stuff is cute. I recently saw on Facebook (which I rarely even use to communicate with people now, since everyone ignores me) that she made a group for local crafters. She invited her best friends and others that she know and I didn't get an invite. Yes, I could just join myself but I don't care to be social anymore. I'm sure it's the same reason why I haven't been invited. It's most likely because I'm quiet.

I hate that when I'm in her face she acts like I'm such an amazing person but when she accidently mentions something that I could have been invited to but wasn't it makes me feel that she really doesn't want to be my friend. I don't understand why she feel she has to be so nice and fake. I don't expect it. It's not like I find it rude or anything. I just get confused as to why claim that you want to be friends with someone when they are in your face yet when you aren't they don't think about you or don't want to contact you because they think you will just ignore them. :question:

I'm pretty sure if I just assumed mess like that I would be the horrible person yet they can think that and everything is okay :/

Well, anyone else goes through this?

ImNotMyIllness

Another reason why I hate Facebook! She really should have invited you. Although, she may have forgot on accident. I've done that before..I'll try to remember everyone but then forget some people that I like. It happens!

But yeah, another reason to stay off of Facebook. It's not that people are ignoring you, everyone is focused on themselves. I think Facebook makes people more narcissistic and immature. That's why I stay off!

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I find that sometimes people with not much social contact give too much importance to some relationships that are in fact not that important in the eyes of the other person. I don't know how often you see her, but maybe in her eyes you guys are not that close.

Also, maybe you are not aware of it but you give up a vibe that she is interpreting as you not being interested to be her friend. If you say you are quiet, that's probably the case.

Both would explain why she didn't invite you - not because she doesn't like you, but because she thinks you are not interested.

OR she just forgot to invite you because she has 500 other friends to think of. I think when you create an event on facebook but you don't want to invite your entire list of friends, you have to check them individually, which would make it very easy to skip some people if you have lots of friends in your list.

ukmale

damn facebook does my head in so damn much people ignore me like I have aids or something but in the street they talk ect I don't understand how a popular person can write bored and get 1000s of replies I don't understand how people can spend every min of every waking day checking it I know people that have two phones on the go one checking facebook the other texting away all at the same time I never use facebook as no matter what I write people ignore me can't believe I have so many so called "friends" on facebook even if I reply they jump past me and reply to another person its like I don't even exist as a person .. fine by me I perfer to sit by myself and read a good book than be bothered and get stressed over a stupid idea of social networking where the popular people can write lol toast and get 100s of replies and where the people on the side lines can write its my bday and not get one how the Hell did I find and so many brick walls on my facebook so called "friends" gotta love them

anomicdeer

I find that sometimes people with not much social contact give too much importance to some relationships that are in fact not that important in the eyes of the other person. I don't know how often you see her, but maybe in her eyes you guys are not that close.

Also, maybe you are not aware of it but you give up a vibe that she is interpreting as you not being interested to be her friend. If you say you are quiet, that's probably the case.

Both would explain why she didn't invite you - not because she doesn't like you, but because she thinks you are not interested.

OR she just forgot to invite you because she has 500 other friends to think of. I think when you create an event on facebook but you don't want to invite your entire list of friends, you have to check them individually, which would make it very easy to skip some people if you have lots of friends in your list.

This is exactly my point. No one just doesn't understand anything I say unless someone else say it so it seems.

I said she claims SHE WANTS TO BE MY FRIEND, yet she think of 500 people before me.

If you want to be my friend then SAY SOMETHING TO ME. I don't have to say anything first. You say we should do something together then I think you should be the one to start it. You don't understand that she is the one they say this stuff when I'm inher face and I talk back to her and confirm and agree or whatever. Yet she never invited me to anything.

But of course, you don't understand what I mean.

Last edited:

anomicdeer

damn facebook does my head in so damn much people ignore me like I have aids or something but in the street they talk ect I don't understand how a popular person can write bored and get 1000s of replies I don't understand how people can spend every min of every waking day checking it I know people that have two phones on the go one checking facebook the other texting away all at the same time I never use facebook as no matter what I write people ignore me can't believe I have so many so called "friends" on facebook even if I reply they jump past me and reply to another person its like I don't even exist as a person .. fine by me I perfer to sit by myself and read a good book than be bothered and get stressed over a stupid idea of social networking where the popular people can write lol toast and get 100s of replies and where the people on the side lines can write its my bday and not get one how the Hell did I find and so many brick walls on my facebook so called "friends" gotta love them

The same thing happens to me. I actually do talk to someone and they still don't say **** yet they think I will ignore them if they say something.

Hahah

They are the ones that do that....

anomicdeer

Also, she says that I'm the one that understand certain things she talks about when her brother doesn't, saying "Well, Anita understands" to him.

I hate how she make it seem like she wants to spend time with me yet she never texts me or anything.

I know just because I don't care about being social is confusing everyone. My point is, is that she says this stuff but does nothing.

anomicdeer

Another reason why I hate Facebook! She really should have invited you. Although, she may have forgot on accident. I've done that before..I'll try to remember everyone but then forget some people that I like. It happens!

But yeah, another reason to stay off of Facebook. It's not that people are ignoring you, everyone is focused on themselves. I think Facebook makes people more narcissistic and immature. That's why I stay off!

They are but he thing is, they reply to everyone else. People say the same thing over and over and they always have someone commenting. I don't get it.

I guess once I get a job and say "I need sleep, I work too much" or "Headed to work then once I get home I'm going to sleep" or "I'm taking a nap then clean a bit" or "clean bit, take a nap and going to work" I'll get so much support :/

ImNotMyIllness

They are but he thing is, they reply to everyone else. People say the same thing over and over and they always have someone commenting. I don't get it.

I guess once I get a job and say "I need sleep, I work too much" or "Headed to work then once I get home I'm going to sleep" or "I'm taking a nap then clean a bit" or "clean bit, take a nap and going to work" I'll get so much support :/

Support.......is that really support? I don't think so. I prefer face to face or on the phone.

Facebook friends is like having extra lite friendships. To me, it's all fluff.

ukmale

alright just wanna find out if this is just happening to me or to everyone ... but I find it so hard to get more than a few LETTERS out of people it doesn't matter how long or interesting or how many questions or open enders you write to me everyone I talk to can even be online dating sites or anything all I get is ... Any , ok , lol , meh , I hurt my back the other day just jumped onto the sofa a bit to hard and I got a reply after I told someone there reply was well your get no sympathy from me .. I really have now don't see the point in trying to talk to people when all that they can say is meh , lol , any , ok really what's the point in trying to talk when ever one seems so like a brick wall I even met friends on a blue moon for coffee in town but all get is meh .ok while they check facebook what's the point in going out talking to people or even using dating sites when people are so cold all the time seriously

mikebird

Banned
With their heads up in the sky

I might regret the solid commandments of a particular maths teacher who told us to never smoke tobacco, while everyone else I've ever known are completely overtaken by the need.

It's a clear divide between me & everyone else. The teacher based his advice on his evidence of his family & friends who are dead from Emphysema, and any still alive have lost limbs due to circulation problems and will remain in hospital, needing oxygen treatment.

I like living by facts

The teacher had this insight years before the discoveries of healthcare (smoking, HIV/AIDS) came forth.

Schoolfriends were into this before, and gleeful, and rejected the teacher's wisdom. I might have done better if I'd understood my friends' upper social stamina. I should have fed on their passions

Now I admit that the key to life is to smoke heavily. I've missed out on this.

I won't make this post all about me though, but I have observed almost all of my 'friends' with whom I communicate try to know me only on spot and do not show in concern or link to me when we are apart. I guess because I am so quiet and introvert; it happens.

I don't mind that anymore. I am striving to find happiness within... and want to live asa self-sustained person.

Try to do the same, breath deep and distract yourself from concerns you can't do anything immediately. Once you find an inexhaustible source of happiness inside, nothing can and will bother you.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Why do you care so much about her "making a move" if you say you don't care about being social, and why do you expect her to do all the work? She's being nice to you, isn't that enough?

anomicdeer

alright just wanna find out if this is just happening to me or to everyone ... but I find it so hard to get more than a few LETTERS out of people it doesn't matter how long or interesting or how many questions or open enders you write to me everyone I talk to can even be online dating sites or anything all I get is ... Any , ok , lol , meh , I hurt my back the other day just jumped onto the sofa a bit to hard and I got a reply after I told someone there reply was well your get no sympathy from me .. I really have now don't see the point in trying to talk to people when all that they can say is meh , lol , any , ok really what's the point in trying to talk when ever one seems so like a brick wall I even met friends on a blue moon for coffee in town but all get is meh .ok while they check facebook what's the point in going out talking to people or even using dating sites when people are so cold all the time seriously

This is why I have no friends...
Yes I have social anxiety but people that aren't are the ones that act ...like you said... a brick.

I have always felt I deliver my conversations in the wrong moment or way, and so they get ignored. People seem to be hardwired to handle information in set ways. If I could crack and understand said code, this issue would not be erased but..

well, lets just say I am with you on this..

anomicdeer

With their heads up in the sky

I might regret the solid commandments of a particular maths teacher who told us to never smoke tobacco, while everyone else I've ever known are completely overtaken by the need.

It's a clear divide between me & everyone else. The teacher based his advice on his evidence of his family & friends who are dead from Emphysema, and any still alive have lost limbs due to circulation problems and will remain in hospital, needing oxygen treatment.

I like living by facts

The teacher had this insight years before the discoveries of healthcare (smoking, HIV/AIDS) came forth.

Schoolfriends were into this before, and gleeful, and rejected the teacher's wisdom. I might have done better if I'd understood my friends' upper social stamina. I should have fed on their passions

Now I admit that the key to life is to smoke heavily. I've missed out on this.

:)

I tell myself this sometimes...
Just be like everyone else. That is life.

anomicdeer

I won't make this post all about me though, but I have observed almost all of my 'friends' with whom I communicate try to know me only on spot and do not show in concern or link to me when we are apart. I guess because I am so quiet and introvert; it happens.

I don't mind that anymore. I am striving to find happiness within... and want to live asa self-sustained person.

Try to do the same, breath deep and distract yourself from concerns you can't do anything immediately. Once you find an inexhaustible source of happiness inside, nothing can and will bother you.

This is what I've been working on. Which is why I say "I don't care to be social anymore". I'm paying more attention to what I need to do and try to seem busy with my hobbies and not care about what others may think of it.

anomicdeer

Why do you care so much about her "making a move" if you say you don't care about being social, and why do you expect her to do all the work? She's being nice to you, isn't that enough?

That is enough. And again, you don't get my point. Maybe this will help: "I'm just venting".

Oh. Don't think I'm being mean or harsh or anything. I could put a bunch of :):giggle::bigsmile: but that just doesn't really need to go with every sentence. When I leave that out people always think I'm upset or something just because there's only TEXT.