people in the uk

Sorry, I have to be honest and say that this sounds revolting, tea is tea and chocolate is chocolate and ne'er the twain shall meet

Shenmue

Stand aside people, A citizen of the British Empire has arrived. First of all, Phocas is quite right, chocolate and tea isn't a great combination. How do I know this, because us Brits have been drinking the stuff for generations. It's also the reason for our wonky teeth, but that's another story.

I would highly recommend a cup of PG Tips. Just put a PG Tips bag in a cup and leave it to stand for 3 minutes. Then remove the bag, but don't squeeze it back into your cup. Then sit back and enjoy the best cup of tea you have ever tasted.

Scrobes

Stand aside people, A citizen of the British Empire has arrived. First of all, Phocas is quite right, chocolate and tea isn't a great combination. How do I know this, because us Brits have been drinking the stuff for generations. It's also the reason for our wonky teeth, but that's another story.

I would highly recommend a cup of PG Tips. Just put a PG Tips bag in a cup and leave it to stand for 3 minutes. Then remove the bag, but don't squeeze it back into your cup. Then sit back and enjoy the best cup of tea you have ever tasted.

Heresy! ;) You never let the teabag stew! What atrocity is this?! ;D Just kidding good sir. Though yes I prefer to massage the bag for a little while but I never let the teabag stew in the cup. Don't make me challenge you to a tea duel!

The chocolate tea thing sounds novel, but I don't really think that's my cup of tea. *cough* >.>

mixedupgirl

Heresy! ;) You never let the teabag stew! What atrocity is this?! ;D Just kidding good sir. Though yes I prefer to massage the bag for a little while but I never let the teabag stew in the cup. Don't make me challenge you to a tea duel!

The chocolate tea thing sounds novel, but I don't really think that's my cup of tea. *cough* >.>

Oy oy there was a program on teli not so long a go about how long you should leave a tea bag to brew for the perfect cuppa, i.e. full of flavour, colour and antioxidants and that is between 3-4 mins although most people don't leave it in long enough always in a rush us British... ;)

Scrobes

Oy oy there was a program on teli not so long a go about how long you should leave a tea bag to brew for the perfect cuppa, i.e. full of flavour, colour and antioxidants and that is between 3-4 mins although most people don't leave it in long enough always in a rush us British... ;)

Oh really. :eek: I don't own a TV so I missed that. ;x It sounds way too long. If we are to discuss the technicalities of tea making, I would surmise that massaging the bag for some 20secs probably achieves the same effect as letting it stand for 3-4 mins. ;p But I also like my tea quite hot, I drink it like lucozade or something. If it's good tea I'll down it within a minute or so, hehe. Interesting to know though thx. :)

mixedupgirl

Ay I love dunkin choccy biscuits in me tea, quite a delicious combination I think. Might have to give this chocolate tea a try mmmmm chocolate :)

mixedupgirl

Caramel digestives? :> I love ginger nuts too for that.

Caramel digestives are gorgeous and thanks for reminding me of them, gunna have to pick some up mmmm. I have to be in the mood for some ginger nuts tho haha ;) Well at the mo i'm currently dunkin chocolate hobnobs in me tea yummy.... haha im gunna come across as a right fatty now :bigsmile:

Scrobes

Caramel digestives are gorgeous and thanks for reminding me of them, gunna have to pick some up mmmm. I have to be in the mood for some ginger nuts tho haha ;) Well at the mo i'm currently dunkin chocolate hobnobs in me tea yummy.... haha im gunna come across as a right fatty now :bigsmile:

Not at all. Just someone who knows what they like with their tea. :) I haven't tried hobnobs for a looong time. I am pathetic at trying new things (and this isn't just about biscuits!) But I like the ones I mentioned, why change - that's how I see it. ;D

(okay shortbread is nice too sometimes..)

Shenmue

How so? Do tell :question:

I would tell you Phocas, but it’s a rather sensitive subject. Although it’s not only the teeth that we have problems with here. Have you noticed how the Queen waves in a strange way. Anyway, I’ve said too much as it is.

Don't make me challenge you to a tea duel!

That’s how civil wars get started.

Ay I love dunkin choccy biscuits in me tea, quite a delicious combination I think. Might have to give this chocolate tea a try mmmmm chocolate :)

I love dunkin choccy biscuits in my tea as well. I guess LazyHermitCrab was right about that combination after all. :eek:h:

mixedupgirl

I would tell you Phocas, but it’s a rather sensitive subject. Although it’s not only the teeth that we have problems with here. Have you noticed how the Queen waves in a strange way. Anyway, I’ve said too much as it is.

lmao Shenmue you crack me up man hahaha :bigsmile: